the Rift

my chance has come at last

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

So here he was again. The changes in the Basin, had not changed life enough to erase the Threshold off the map. Pity. If everyone could funnel through the Basin, and they toss out the rejects it would be so much easier. Two long walled corridors, his mind mused, was all it too. Perhaps he’d get Ulrik on that one day.

The golden had come down from the already freezing north to do his good duty. Right who are we kidding, it was to escape the cold there. Already winter was sealing the land in snow, and cold, and though he had lived through the season before, it did not make it easier. So down he came, with of course, Haldir following his heels. The deer never missed a chance to journey south either. A lover of the good and life he relished the still awake world down here.

Of course the gold had taken some per cautions. His invisibility cloak rested squarely on his back, shielding him from the world’s eyes. Even Haldir could do nothing, but follow the tracks made in the paths. With this and magic with silenced him the gold could wander these woods with a bit more careful selection. Not to mention this was the best place to catch all the good gossip and names. And today was not going to disappoint.

He had seen the white more from afar, her body sticking out in the forest quite easily. For a moment he stood watching. His eyes looking to see her scarred face that even he cringed at. She walked low though, very much a tired soul. It wouldn’t be an easy snatch, so the golden had prepared to walk away. His back turning to the scene, when a voice breaks the silence. Ophelia. Harks pin back automatically and the gold turns back with barred teeth. It was a most excellent thing he was invisible behind the bush for had such a face been seen it might have frightened that poor new mare to death. Still fresh though was the bitterness that mare had caused, with her reservations, and ill news. His anger was only hushed by his curiosity. She had joined the Edge? Earth eyes narrow. Not the Throat? Now what did the Edge offer her so strongly she would leave? Or perhaps it wasn’t strongly at all, and she had never cared. So had that thought ran in his mind before. He would find out soon enough, the golden promised himself that.

She had insulted him, or so he thought, and to leave this scene now would not suit his most conservative desires. Oh how he wanted to see her ruffled and frustrated, so show her he could lurk in her midst with an unspoken threat. Well why shouldn’t he? Yes, yes, he would show her now how smooth he could be. Its not that he wanted to prove himself to be worthy enough of what she left him, no, its that he wanted to crush her, from ever doubting that golden man to could have and do anything he wanted, even if he never would have wanted it in the first place.

The new mare speaks, her voice like an elder jumbled and strained. He waits for a moment, taking in her name. He hears the question forming, and reaching back he slips the invisibility cloak off, throwing it on Haldir (who jumps but picks it up). Like falling dust his frame reappears, the last of it coming back just as he steps out, coming in at the end of her speech. “This is the Threshold of Helovia, and no it is not quite like any other. Welcome.” Oh what a smooth picture he has painted. He tone is smooth a low. He carries his head mid way, relaxed and at ease. The golden cloak atop he back glitters in the sun light, and he reflects its warm hews with a smile.

The golden continues his warms smile as Haldir carrying the cloak comes to the gathering. He smiles to see Ophelia and the new creature. His curiosity having returned after a traumatic season. Nodding to him, the gold speaks up again. “This is Haldir, and I am Thranduil of the Aurora Basin, at your service.” To this point he has given not a single look to the white and red tipped mare. His actions, are as if she were but another mare. Now though he looks and nods. “Ophelia, a pleasure.” It was said with a dark twist to his grin, and a more sweet tone. It was quite nice not to call her lady. But he turns back to the new mare before much of it could be grasped, letting it all fall away. His own pride most proud to lie with such a smooth tongue. “I think you find Helovia a welcomed respite.” Oh how he paints the tones so softly, the smile so warm and assuring. “My home for one is. It is in the mountains. It is a place of quiet beauty, but a stronghold to rest in if you are weary.” He had learned a valued lesson about over selling the place. “We follow another of the four gods, the God of Time.” Here he pauses. He actually did not know much about the Time God, never really met him. But she had shown interest, and so he was determined to match. It was far from the point of this venture though. This was all about showing that white and red mare just how tricky and smooth he could be, and the beginning of showing her that the only reservation she should have was not daring through throw a back hand slap he way again.

OOC :: Bleh, this is bleh, apologies. Will get better. @[Ophelia]
Wardrobe:: Golden cloak, hawk necklace, circlet, satchel (dagger, pole arm)--Haldir is holding the invisibility cloak
Identities:: Ampere, Cashmere
"speech"

Posting Poetics
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
my chance has come at last - by Glasgow - 05-21-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Ophelia - 05-23-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Glasgow - 05-24-2015, 01:28 AM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Thranduil - 05-24-2015, 03:02 AM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Ophelia - 05-24-2015, 03:39 AM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Glasgow - 05-24-2015, 12:25 PM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Thranduil - 05-24-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Ophelia - 05-28-2015, 02:04 PM