Skylark
G
L
A
S
G
O
W
It was almost surreal, noticing the golden figure appear out of what seemed like thin air. Glasgow shifted her weight a bit, just ready to take a step back if the figure were to be hostile. She wasn’t going to deal with that issue today. However, as her words ended, this stags words picked up. He seemed almost genuine, warm smiles stuck to his face. Ah, smiles. The corners of her mouth where her scarred smile were ached with the thought. Ears that had swiveled around in confusion now grew curious with his words of the land. Apparently this wood land was called the Threshold, and the land overall was called Helovia. That was a name that peaked a bit of interest. She had heard of this place in hushed whispers back at home. It seemed like the place that people hardly knew about, and if you were to speak of it in the close quarters of the homeland, serious consequences ensued. Perhaps it was all because this place was so much better than home. At least, now it was. Her mind flashed back to seeing the destroyed rubble of the city that once had been booming with life. Seeing the bodies afterward that lined the street, the only form of life being herself; tattered, torn, and destroyed forever. What a life it was.

It was at this point she tuned back in, eyes staring blatantly at the creature that stood by the golden male. A curious being, Glasgow realized how long she had been staring and stuck in her memories that she really only tuned in when the stag spoke about his own homeland. Aurora Basin. Sounded like quite a lovely place. However the moment he said mountains, it almost seemed like a deal breaker. That rocky mountain atmosphere just caused more pain into her heart. A stronghold it may be, but a place of rest it wouldn’t be. At least not for her. However the God of Time sounded interesting to her, she figured it would be best to stay away from that area. She wouldn’t show it, though. She just offered a nod to him, eyes almost hollow, watching the scene unfold before her. It seemed as though this golden stag knew the mare that had first spoken to her. The air almost felt tense as the golden stag smiled brightly and the white mistress seemed to shy away. Ophelia spoke the name of the stag that had appeared, and Glas turned her head back to the stag offering a small hello bow before returning her sullen gaze back to the mare. Curious now, she wondered why Ophelia had left the Basin. If it was a place that seemed to glorious and wonderful, what caused a lead to leave? It almost seemed as though it wasn’t the right fit for her, more with how Ophelia spoke about it.

Winter was an issue for her, especially for how long she had travelled. Her body was thin and slightly starved. She never stayed in one place for too long due to the fact of being so white and with such little protection to herself. Trust was hard to come by nowadays. Her eyes watched the ground for a few moments before hearing Ophelia speak once more, sensing a small smile that danced across the mare’s face. Glas didn’t seem to acknowledge the smile, but instead shifted her weight, stretching out her back left leg; the gray sabino marking matching her mane and tail perfectly. As the words hit her ears, Glas turned her head slightly, watching the woods. The awkward feeling of the scars making her like this book to read. It seemed unnerving. Yes tragedy had struck but not quite as much as many had thought. At least they were interested in her story. That was a difference from the others. It was, kind almost. Then as the white vixen spoke to the golden beast, it seemed personal. However, Glasgow couldn’t help but to listen in as well as she could. At least it sounded as though the male was respectable. That was a good sign.

Once the speaking between the two had passed and a small pause ensued, Glas decided it might be a good point in which to explain herself a bit. ”The Basin sound’s wonderful, but it may just be too nostalgic for my own wellbeing. A trip to explore it at some point may not be out of the question, however. So thank you for that.” Words were getting a bit stronger, but still cracked in places. Pieces of the words almost seemed strained on some points, almost like she was still working out how to speak some of the words and phrases. Lowering her head a bit, weary eyes passed between the white mare and the golden beast with his blackened creature. Yes, my story isn’t for the faint of heart I’m afraid.” Words were softer than before, more tender. ”I come from a place where my duty was to create relationships from other cities; expansion if you will. My sister and I had been the ones to take this into our hands; we were the pure ones, the pristine ones, the ones that took after our gods of the homelands.” She began to explain, pausing occasionally. ”At three years old, I learned the ways of how relationships worked, how to gain trust and grow my land. We were quite the stronghold as you put it. However my sister; my dear sister, succumbed to vanity too easily with our duties. Our gods ripped the wings from her in the hopes of stopping it.” She sighed softly. Was it worth it to explain to these strangers how she was? It might do some good to have a story that resounded and passed through, like gossip almost. Gossip that was true and honest. One couldn’t go wrong in that aspect.

”Our attempts went to the wayside. She became darker and more obsessed with herself. Our home paid the price. A presence took over the land, a darkened one. Like hell itself unleashed upon us. Using my sister’s vanity against us. Every soul met their untimely demise that day. All except for me. Evidently it had been my fault that these issues arose and occurred. Our gods turned their backs to us in our time of need. The evil itself causing these scars as a physical reminder of what once was.” She stopped, stooping her head a bit lower and shaking it ever so lightly. Eyes closing momentarily before opening and scanning the faces of the two that stood before her. ”I do hope this land’s Gods are more forgiving.”

OOC: @[Ophelia] @[Thranduil] Leave it to Glas to turn the attention back to her in the awkwardness xD
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
my chance has come at last - by Glasgow - 05-21-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Ophelia - 05-23-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Glasgow - 05-24-2015, 01:28 AM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Thranduil - 05-24-2015, 03:02 AM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Ophelia - 05-24-2015, 03:39 AM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Glasgow - 05-24-2015, 12:25 PM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Thranduil - 05-24-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: my chance has come at last - by Ophelia - 05-28-2015, 02:04 PM