the Rift

Feathers and Dust

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Violent is the only word that comes to mind in reference to the mind-boggling way in which such a creature as this comes to an almost perfect halt. I watch him as he breathes, his sides heaving, nostrils flaring, and there is something wild about him that catches me off guard. I mimic the movement of his eyes as they work to understand me or scrutinize me, the true stranger in a world of even stranger things. Yet, the stallion was unafraid, or perhaps still putting together the pieces of such an intricate puzzle before making any hasty decisions. He was something entirely new, in that he did not balk at the sight of me, but studied me in a quiet way that superb intelligence might suggest. Of course, I couldn’t pass judgement either way- the old bloke certainly hadn’t given me any reason to believe he wasn’t stark, raving mad just yet.

But there is always something hiding behind pressed lips, I think, and when the pale boy speaks I cannot detect whether or not the words are tilted in sarcasm. However, I decide to let them pass, seeking a more permanent edge to grasp over making snap judgements. “I think the general consensus would be no, but you find yourself within the realm of Helovia… Others are less forgiving of trespassers,” I inform flatly. I don’t seek to make myself an enemy of the man, only a friend, but somehow I fear that he will not take my sentiments lightly. Figures.

Now that I have his attention and my blood is no longer boiling with ideas of danger and fear, Sabine is quick to make her presence known. Of course, she is one for dramatics and upon peering out at our companion, she dribbles a string of bird-like complaints. The colors in my mind are changing again and though I don’t need to ask why, I attempt to smother them from within in an attempt to calm her. But, the Zephyr ignores every wall that I construct as a form of restraint and instead stretches her tiny wings atop my poll, wailing her protests after all the excitement. “I’m Thor of the World’s Edge, a herd land within the area, and this Sabine,” I proffer over the incessant squealing.

In time I know she will quiet, but I have yet to learn how to instruct a bird with so much fire and attitude. It’s almost comical that I have bonded with a creature so opposite of my own personality. With a heavy sigh, I settle back into my haunches -intending to ride out the bird’s shitstorm- and the action itself causes the Zephyr to falter in her offensive behavior. She grapples at my forelock for a moment before finally steadying herself against my right ear; at last she is finished. Using the sudden silence as a crutch, I inspect the smaller brute with eyes of deep, muddy brown. He is a good two hands shorter than I, but certainly more spirited. Again I agree with the mysterious glint in his eye as I wait for him to make sense of the situation. After all, it’s not every day one has to deal with the stubborn hostility of Sabine…

Where do you come from?” I question the bleached man. Perhaps if we’ve gotten off on the wrong foot, there is a chance to salvage our reputation… I can only hope that my Zephyr has not ruined such an opportunity.
THOR
image credits

@[Archangel]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-22-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-24-2015, 10:36 PM