the Rift

Feathers and Dust

Archangel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
...ARCHANGEL...

WHEN EVERYTHING EVERYTHING YOU touch TURNS TO GOLD

The other stallion wasn't making any attempts to join in. The comparison to a boulder crept back into Arch's mind but he shifted it away this time. Just about any horse he'd met would've been on live wires from the encounter - strange stallion, charging fast, all alone, clearly itching to move. It would've been enough to make most any prey animal's skin crawl, maybe with excitement, maybe fear, maybe even aggression or annoyance, but if anything this other stallion seemed to be standing heavier, sinking into his hooves. Arch gave an ever so slight cock of his left ear. Running was great, but he guessed he could run for a while before he found as pretty a puzzle to study as what was already before him.

The stranger spoke out, albeit tonelessly, but every word was information. "Realm" it'd been a little while since Arch had been around horses who thought themselves grand or free enough to use that term. And the name of it..."Helovia"?

Sure why not.

It was the last bit that got the reaction though. Despite all prior appearance to the contrary, Archangel was far from some headless colt out on his first foray. The other beast's words sobered him up pretty quickly - his muscles suddenly distilling a calm that was practically uncanny. It was a subtle change, but swift enough to show the years behind the hide. Didn't stop his ears from twisting back ever so slightly. He glanced sideways through slightly lower lidded eyes as if taunting any challengers to come out and be "less forgiving" now. They couldn't touch him if they couldn't catch him. If they wanted to be angry about that then that was their problem.

Yeah it had been a while since he'd felt inclined to make the effort of playing nice with others.

But all the same, it wasn't as though the figure before him was making any threats. Archangel eyed him - and his chittering companion. (Why hasn't he squashed that thing yet?) The other stallion wasn't making any advances, wasn't trying to get him to leave. He'd trotted up to him amiably enough. And why? To say hello? To deliver a simple warning? It was positively.....benevolent.

Huh. Well that's new.

The white stallion waited, unimpressed, while the blue creature made its best attempt to spit raging balls of fire. The horse that it was sitting on seemed to take barely any notice - even introducing himself right over the raucous. Archangel blinked languidly. Was there some sort of agreement between the two?

I mean, hell, I've been alone, but I've never been -that- alone.

Thankfully, the white stallion tended to speak far less than he thought. "Name's Archangel." He twisted his head up slightly to address the bird. "-Pleasure's mine-.". And back to the stranger: "Hail from here and there and everywhere. Anywhere my hooves can reach and the grass is green." He shrugged, feeling like it was a common enough story - one the other stallion had probably heard too much of and didn't need any... personal elaborations to. "If it isn't too much bother, perhaps you could give me directions to a part of this place that is forgiving?" The white stud let out a soft sigh, much more steady now that he'd caught some of his breath. "I'm not interested in stirring up trouble I can't outrun." He kept his stance more on the side of leaning rather than flighty and fought back the urge to give another half shrug.

WHO CAN YOU TRUST?

Messages In This Thread
Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-22-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-24-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-25-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-27-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-27-2015, 11:48 PM