the Rift

Feathers and Dust

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
My time in Helovia had nurtured a thick skin. I’d seen so many outlandish creatures that ranged from Bernadette (a mare who never failed to mention that she was in fact a mare) to Tamira, my first love (or loves, considering she suffered from multiple personalities). One didn’t have to look far for oddities, not far at all, which was just a part of Helovia’s charm… Charging stallions and obnoxious Zephyrs ranked low on my list of “creepy curiosities” when compared to the situations I carried under-belt. Of course, those like Archangel –as foreign and unaware as he was— might find my nonchalance off-putting… A few years living in these parts would open his eyes. Of that I was certain.

Of course, it was hard to say much of anyone in so short a time. The stallion did appear to be a clever bloke, or mischievous, depending on how one interpreted the terms. But, I wanted to see more than his walls would allow, or at least give him a chance to experience all that Helovia offered. I liked to believe the best in everyone and sometimes that reverence made even the brightest of men fools. How many times had I been underestimated or spurned for my amiability? By now, it was becoming a never-ending list of symbols that meant nothing at all. Whatever remained of my legacy or my name was now more of a parody than a triumph. I was a lowly jester while others lived on as fearsome Kings. Maybe Archangel would be able to strike the chords of victory that I could not.

Or maybe he would be swayed from such opportunities in favor of temporary indulgence.

Yet, there was something promising in the way he regarded my words (or at least appeared to). I couldn’t decipher what he’d made of my vague warning, though it was not designed to intimidate him, but he seemed to understand me on a somewhat professional level. That was a start, right? Or maybe I was just as awkward and unappealing conversationally as I felt…

Yet, he certainly felt quite comfortable in his own skin. It didn’t matter where the winds guided him; Archangel possessed the talent of making himself a fixture in nearly every setting. I admired him for that. “It sounds like you’ve got quite the case of wanderlust,” I smiled at his admission. “And I guess my word of advice would be to stay away from the Aurora Basin- they’ve got a little band of Unicorns up there who aren’t too accepting of diversity. As I said, I come from the World’s Edge, just northwest of here, and we’re a growing herd guided by the Goddess of the Moon. In short, I’ve come looking for newcomers like you who might be interested in filling our ranks. The name suggests the land’s features and I think you’d enjoy the large forests, if not the view of the sea,” I informed warmly.

There was something quite calming in talking about the Edge, something comforting in knowing where I came from and where I would return to. I didn’t know if Archangel found solace in such trivial things, but I hoped that he would allow me the chance to show him the allure.

However, before I could continue, the soft sounds of footfall caught my attention. Upon raising my eyes toward the disturbance, I found a large-winged mare with electric blue eyes staring back. I couldn’t recall seeing the likes of her before, but confidence seemed to radiate off her in waves. Her mere presence felt overwhelming, if a bit too strong. Of course, with females came the power of the “the curve.” It was not unlike watching her steal the show with her sexually charged greeting and suggestive smile… Men would rise from the dead if this one called.

How convenient-

- and even more so considering that she couldn’t even pretend I existed. Truly, I could rant into the wee-hours of morning about the trickery of the female kind, but what would it do? I was already a man bewitched by their skill. I supposed it wouldn’t be shocking that Archangel found himself entranced by such a lovely creature…

Of course, even the devil claimed to be beautiful.
THOR
image credits

@[Archangel] @[Ampere]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-22-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-24-2015, 10:36 PM