the Rift

Feathers and Dust

Archangel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

...ARCHANGEL...

WHEN EVERYTHING EVERYTHING YOU touch TURNS TO GOLD

Archangel had been just about to get some answers - when another creature made it’s presence known - and this one didn’t need gallop strides or a big log to clear in order to make a dramatic entrance. Arch suddenly lost track of his skin - there was a second where his whole body seemed to slump - including his lower jaw. And why?

There’s… that’s….

The mare - a night colored creature with the mark of a lightning flash on her face didn’t rush him, didn’t attack, didn’t do anything except stand back and stare, which was good because for a couple seconds there Arch wouldn’t have been able to tell up from down much less make his hooves remember which went where.

She (not it! not it!) was speaking - gods save us all she was -flirting- with him. At least that’s what it seemed like. Or maybe that was normal, casual behavior for a pegasus. Hell if he knew, it wasn’t like he spent every day grazing the daisies alongside creatures with interspecies body parts. Then again, it wasn’t every day a mare took an interest in him, either. But one reality shattering event at a time. Eyes still openly bulging now and again, the white stallion somehow managed to bring his voice to a more even level - not that he was fooling anybody. "Look but don’t touch, sweetheart, I’m more than just a pretty face."

He leaned back on his haunches, almost mirroring the mare’s pose. He took his time in blinking. "You have wings." He most definitely was under no circumstances whatsoever, staring at them compulsively. "She has wings." He said to the other stallion, as if remembering his presence. "There are -wings- coming out of her back - You have -pegasus- around here and you didn’t think that counted as worthy in the top ten mentions? - No, wait. You said -Unicorns-.... When you say unicorns you mean… Huh. Just like that? Standard day? Right then. Sure." He’d run with a stallion band that called themselves “The Tigers” once. Ironically they were the ones who ran for the hills when the mountain lion attack. Pathetic losers had looked at him like a ghost when he’d come limping back to the canyon - and then acted hurt when he declared he was sick of their arrogant shit and leaving. But…. that was off point. Apparently his mouth wasn’t the only thing that rambled a mile a minute when faced with something new. The white stallion’s nostrils had flared and not just from the run, but the rest of his body language was more or less stationary. He was processing.

Don’t stare. Don’t stare.

it was impossible not too - what with every feather twitching slightly in the air - yet shifting as a flawless whole. Impossible yet living in solid form before him - every hair, every fiber painted in the splotchy grey-gold colors of a royal morning.

Yep. Staring.

Archangel forcefully ripped his gaze back from where the mares back was freaking sprouting bird wings and looked back to what’s his name. Thor. Who was suddenly the only lifeboat to all things sane and normal. The white cross was aware that he was being rude, and he was somewhat apologetic. (No I’m not. Screw that. It’s justified.) "Sorry, you were talking about a ocean? Trees? -- I realize you were making an invitation and a generous one at that. I’ll be honest, I… haven’t been… suited well with herdlife - in a while. Not that I try to stir up trouble or break rules, you understand, just... " (Most horses are assholes afraid of their own shadows and I'm better off without them? Yeah that’s polite. Go with that.) "Things never seem to fit for me. Square peg in a round hole or whatever the saying is. But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to live with others again, if they're something more than just mindless prey animals."

Apparently a reality with pegasus was also a reality where Archangel could be honest with total strangers. Yeah this place was interesting. For many reasons - self discovery not being the least of them. He was definitely sticking around.

But one last thing. The white stallion swung his head round, lasering in on the pegasus mare again whom he’d been valiantly succeeding at not staring at, even if the twitch in his turned ear was enough to show he was enormously aware of her presence. "Can you actually -fly-?? Like - in the air??"

WHO CAN YOU TRUST?

Messages In This Thread
Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-22-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-24-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-25-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-27-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-27-2015, 11:48 PM