the Rift

Feathers and Dust

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Never had I seen a brute so enamored by the female presence (it was almost disconcerting) and not once had I seen one’s jaw drop. Despite the mare’s presumptuous introduction, I almost felt bad for her… I hadn’t a clue who she was or where she’d come from, but she was in fact a devilishly attractive woman. I guess I was simply more practiced when it came to dealing with mythical oddities (or with Helovia in general). After all, it’s not like I’d missed the almost comically questionable glace we’d shared (if only for the sake of understanding the foreign entity that was Archangel). Then of course came the final piece of the mare’s self-constructed puzzle, one that nearly made me laugh and snort out loud at the same time- Archangel…. flirting. Honestly, this tactic was becoming simply predictable, especially where females were involved. Yet, I couldn’t blame them for using wit against the lustful desires of males… Were we all so easily swayed?

Even as I listened to the bloke croon and tease, I was almost tempted to turn hip and walk away. That was until he turned his incredulous words to me, seemingly unaware of the old wing scars I donned upon each shoulder blade. It was something of a game for him to turn from one suitor to the next, his surprise finding each of us in turn. I lifted a curious brow, suddenly understanding despite my recollection of his first playful response to the winged mare. “Yes, those are wings… and we DO have Pegasus… You were looking at one as soon as I joined you,” I stated while moving astride him and proffering my bare sides as evidence. However, the skin seemed to crawl under scrutiny and the scars themselves puckered along the hard planes of my back and shoulders.

I guess you were spared immediate surprise because mine were stripped,” I followed shortly after (albeit bitterly). “I would also like to mention that it’s fairly common for Unicorns, to Pegasus, to Hybrids of nearly every species to exist here. I assumed you to be… more informed?” I mused distractedly. Of course, it wasn’t long before my presence was again eclipsed by a bout of open admiration along with another slew of provocative sentiments served up by the mare herself. I was almost more comfortable disappearing into the trees behind me than remaining in the company of flirt-er and flirt-ee, but damn it if I hadn’t come with a reasonably good offer!

Or at least I’d thought so before Archangel turned his distracted replies on me once more, claiming himself ill-suited for herd-life. It was becoming a nuisance to pretend that I wasn’t annoyed by their blatant display of affection… yet somehow I would find a way to persevere (if only to say that I had). “I think you’d find us more accepting than previous paths,” I stated stoically. “I don’t think you’ll find the World’s Edge a home to “mindless prey” as you say. This place is nothing like what you’re used to and besides, I don’t think you’ll find many intruders flapping their lips at our door after- well, let’s just say the Edge comes with a few quirks of our own,” I added almost secretively. However, my attempts were quickly snuffed by the appearance of blue, enchanting sparks that rose from the winged mare’s hooves. Oh good Gods.

They were followed with another suggestive grin and Archangel was, for lack of a better word, incapacitated. What? How was I supposed to compete with that? Did they want me to crawl inside their head and tamper with any mental inconsistencies they possessed? Honestly, at that point it sounded more appealing than dealing with any more upturned lashes or awe-struck exclamations. I did wonder what it would be like to extend the invitation and call upon the warmth of the Earth magic I’d obtained so long ago… if only to tinker just a bit.

I wondered what kind of images I would conjure inside the stallion’s head… I wonder what he would make me see.
THOR
image credits

@[Archangel] @[Ampere]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-22-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-24-2015, 10:36 PM