the Rift

Feathers and Dust

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I’d come to respect the natural wonder that Helovia inspired in so many. The righteous, the naive, the wise, and even the foolish all wanted to bow to her glory. Why else would they seek the comfort of a realm so vast and full of mystery? Helovia was an ancient place built on tales, visions of the past, and an uncertainty of the future. It was a place that nurtured the soul, lifted hearts, and sometimes returned them to the earth… Yes, it was silly of me to think it uncommon for a brute like Archangel to respond to such magnificence without a single raised brow or slackened jaw. After all, it wasn’t Ampere that truly struck his fancy, but the shred of fantasy she dangled before him. Everyone was a child at heart and a child was so easily swayed by the unknown… Our natives had simply learned to live with the idea that finalities were only illusions; they were just a piece of a whole that they would never see.

After shifting into a more suitable arrangement so that I might be able to once again regard Ampere and our object of interest simultaneously, I tipped a rear hoof in order to balance myself and the bird at my back. Archangel appeared to understand my urgency –or maybe just my pride- when I spoke of the World’s Edge and there was something resolute in the way he expressed the fact. I nodded solemnly at the statement, but found that I was more compelled to study his eyes and the secrets behind them for validation. I couldn’t detect lies where they were so easily concealed… but at least if he painted vivid pictures of non-truths, he was good at it. I only hoped I was wrong.I have no reason to think otherwise,” I replied with a soft, if undetected, nodding of my head.

Even as I sat through his fascination for the small deer –conjured by Ampere’s magic- I could not help but feel slightly amazed myself. It made me recall the God of the Earth and the deer we had drawn up from the light in Tamira’s conscious. We had cleared the dark recesses of her illness with the stag and the sheer force of my magic had been all that remained… I envied the mare that. I missed the use of a power greater than I, because not many who resided in Helovia suffered the kind of mental inhibitions that my former mate had endured. Sometimes I wished it was the reverse… I still longed to reach deep inside and again conquer the darkness of sheer insanity.

Alright, now you're just starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

What? Had I done something off-putting? When I turned my murky gaze toward the brute, I found only his trained eye fixed upon the temptress that was Ampere. Clearly her stunts were less appreciated than she’d anticipated. I guess the tried and true was an honest approach no matter the recipient. However, the mare indulged herself only more with her wild antics… until Archangel was no longer interested in her games, but insulted. I hadn’t expected her to nearly lift him from the ground with her power, but it had happened and he was –for a lack of a better term- pissed about it.

I myself couldn’t find words to soothe him or even apologize for a mistake that was not my own. Sabine had taken to huddling against the base of my neck, fascinated and still frightened by the lightning mare’s display. One day she too would possess the power of magic, but until then the young Zephyr would have to learn the difference between too much and just enough. Apparently Ampere had no such shame and her pointed words were then directed at me- a question I found unamusing or just plain uninteresting. If I’d wanted to share the details of how my wings had been stripped, I would have done it earlier. Instead I proffered but one word, only two syllables meant to satisfy as an answer, but not a story. “Shadows,” I revealed on a breath.

Yet, just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, they got better. Finally my efforts and my patience had proven worthwhile. Archangel had deemed my perseverance admirable –or at the very least suitable- and had consented to follow me home to the Edge. “Trust me, you’re not my type,” I assured him with a smirk. Turning to the blue-streaked mare, I nodded a farewell. “It’s been a pleasure.” With that, I turned toward the Edge while gesturing for the white stallion to follow. He still had much to learn before we arrived at the land by the sea… After all, the winged mare was not the only one here with incredible magic.
THOR
image credits

@[Archangel] @[Ampere] -- Not assuming that Thor knows her, just for the ease of writing instead of calling her "mare" all the time.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-22-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-24-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-25-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-27-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-27-2015, 11:48 PM