the Rift

[OPEN] No Thing Is Everything

Himitsu Posts: 6
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 2 years old [Birdsong Birthday]
Adoptable
Tell me sky! Tell me.. tell me all. Send down your winds to whisper in my ear. Would they speak of sweet nothings, or would they be as frigid as the steppe?

I wandered away from the herd Tora and I had searched for with such devotion. In doing so I wandered from my twin herself. Devotion runs thickly through my veins and I wonder if I should return; but who is to say that devotion always has to be dedicated to something else? Why can't I take time away to be devoted to myself?

I do not see any reason why I can't. With my current mood any that try to say otherwise may learn the advantage I was given in my deformity. My trio of horns are stained red by the setting sun. I am a silhouette framed by the sun's vibrantly colored departure.

Sleepless nights plague me. Thoughts that are too faint to make anything of anchor me to the ever wakeful state. Every night from dusk to dawn I try to make sense of nothings and in doing so I suppose that the nothings find sense in me and therefore stick around. Oh how they hover over me! Even now as the sun sets, sinking slowly, the nothing thoughts begin to gather. From every direction they slink towards me.

The warmth of my breaths passes across my lips and makes room for the cold air to rush in. In my lungs it sits, taking safe harbor before fleeing once more. Hot. Cold. Hot. Cold. Hot. Cold. With my increasing heart rate my breath also quickens until I feel as if all of my warmth has been expelled into the air around me with only cold to live off of.

I am everything. I am nothing at all. I am the unknown.

The young can only be so for so long. I can feel myself clutching, in vain, to whatever child may still exist inside of me.

My ears flick back at the sound of another round of snowfall.

I run.

I race.

.. I laugh.

The sound is strange. It brings me to a sliding halt. The sound of my own laughter is like a barrier. After the death, the slaying, of my mother how can I laugh so freely? My lips clamp tight in fear of what may escape them. Would it be more laughter? Sobs? Or would I shatter the night with the sound of my rage?

Ears pinned and head bowed I am lost to my thoughts. I am lost to my demons.

Messages In This Thread
No Thing Is Everything - by Himitsu - 06-29-2015, 05:37 AM
RE: No Thing Is Everything - by Ashamin - 07-06-2015, 03:29 PM
RE: No Thing Is Everything - by Himitsu - 07-13-2015, 06:39 PM
RE: No Thing Is Everything - by Ashamin - 07-15-2015, 10:41 PM