the Rift

[DROP] Come and get it

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
A S H A M I N
on his own
Ashamin had never been this far from his new home, and he was filled with a nervous excitement. Here, further south in Helovia, the cold was abated and replaced by a brisk trace of autumn. This particular part of Helovia has more greenery than he had ever before seen, even now as it began to wither with the change of seasons. He took careful, easy steps through the tall grasses, and took pleasure in the way that his sharp hooves sank into the soft earth. Strange to not have the pale scratch of ice beneath him, he noticed with a soft smile to himself.

The sky above let off a warm, almost summery glow. He had followed the eastern stream and watched it expand into a thick, rushing tide of a river. Now, as the grasses grew taller about his legs, he began to feel as if the winds were changing. He turned eastward, seeking the source of the shift, and found it in no time. He stood with the river to his back and his black eyes widened in shock.

Before him, resting on what seemed to be some sort of nest, was a magnificent owl. But no, the creature wasn't really just an owl, was it? There was something odd and almost mystical about the long-feathered beast. At first Ashamin thought it was simply the creature's size, but he quickly noticed the feet it bore: odd, webbed contraptions that belonged, he thought, skimming the surface of the water. He snorted, balking at first with a fearful apprehension, and stepped closer to the river.

But something drew him in. There, just beneath the creature's webbed feet, was a smaller, lighter toned egg. Its shell shone a clean gray, and instantly Ashamin felt a curiousity for whatever might be inside. The creature before him, large as it was, didn't seem especially fierce but it did seem intelligent. Perhaps it was worth approaching?

Ashamin drew himself up. Hadn't Zandora told him he need not worry about his greetings? With more bravery than he thought he had, he stepped on deer-hooves towards the creature and slowly extended his muzzle, stretching his neck as far as he could so he could keep a distance. His long tail twitched in the grass behind him, revealing his fear. "Hello... I am Ashamin," the boy said softly, offering a smile as he did so. He looked down at her feet, the want to know burning in his chest. "You have a beautiful brood," he murmured in supplement, his black eyes catching the light and glittering with the faintest trace of emotion. He bit his tongue--tried to stop his knees from shaking.

Faith hope this creature was an intelligent being; that the glimmer in its eyes, the recognition of its life, was no trick. If it was, he was perhaps just talking to whatever was about to eat him.

Wishlist
No Priors.

[[Sorry this was quick, about to rush off to work. I go on busy soon so I can't promise I'll get this in but I will do my best! <3]]

(table by Tamme)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Come and get it - by Random Event - 05-22-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Ashamin - 05-22-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Badger - 05-22-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Nasreen - 05-23-2015, 03:13 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Nasreen - 05-26-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Isopia - 05-24-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Random Event - 05-24-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Isopia - 05-24-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Ampere - 05-24-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Ashamin - 05-25-2015, 10:23 AM