the Rift

[DROP] Come and get it

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

"It's sad, isn't it?" Ampere asked as she alighted next to the raven girl dressed in death. The gathering of horses below had drawn her eye, and as Ampere circled around, watching from the skies, she took notice of Raven. The girl didn't seem inclined to participate, and Ampere couldn't help but wonder if this could be a time that her words and ideas might be accepted - a time to talk, rather than fight.

She swooped in for a landing on a wider, stronger branch above the Raven. Her hooves touched down tentatively, testing the bough, while her wings cupped and pushed the air heavily. When at last it seemed sturdy, Ampere crouched on her limbs, and loosely tucked her wings. Raven may not have wanted anyone's attention, but Ampere doubted her arrival would draw any more - everyone would be so focused on the egg; that's how it always was.

Blue eyes were tinged with a perceptible sadness as Ampere tore them from the group below, setting her stare squarely on the Whatcher. "I use to come to these a lot," Ampere went on, figuring Raven couldn't talk in her form, and knowing she had enough to say about the matter to fill the void - besides, maybe she could prove she wasn't always hoof and teeth. "I don't even know what to call them... these egg gatherings. They happen all over, all the time, and somehow a large group of horses always finds them. Then they squabble with one another, so greedy and selfish. None of them ever backs out upon realizing someone else might be a better care taker, none of them ever thinks about the egg." Did the unborn companions draw them in, with magic or will? Or was it pure luck and a testament to the hunting prowess of those on the search for an egg? Ampere was never sure, and not too long ago would have just assumed the latter - but the words of the Earth God still haunted her. He said, the companion had to choose to bond too. She still didn't know how though, because they were infants, what knowledge could they possibly possess much less comprehend?

Shaking her head, Ampere went on. "I would compete with everyone else, hoping to win or take the eggs and let them hatch like normal, on their own. No bonding... so that they could be free, and natural, like they should be." She blinked, memories drifting behind her eyes. "I won one, once. Before I could put it anywhere, A stallion, Oxy, took it from me." She slurred his name with a deep rooted hatred, then grew still for a while, combating herself and the feelings within. Whens he spoke next, she had changed her topic somewhat, deciding not to get so personal.

"Everyone always tells me about how they saved their companion, that it's lucky to be alive because of them. I just can't understand why rescuing the egg, means the soul inside has to be trapped. If you're truly altruistic and good, wouldn't you rescue the egg just to have it be safe, to know it is well and alive? Isn't that enough to let it hatch in safety? No one even tries to give it to its own kind, or to resist the bond. They don't bother to learn anything about the creature's natural needs of food or habitat or social structure. They just act like they're entitled to this tiny life, because why not... they 'rescued' it after all." Disgust was starting to fill Ampere's tone, and when she recognized it she grew quiet again. She didn't want to push Raven away any further than she already had. In truth, Ampere wanted to educate, to explain, to share her ideas and her goals because she knew that only by bringing some into her fold could she truly accomplish any kind of change. She was met with such resistance though, that she couldn't help but bite out with anger.

"Horses use them in fights. These small creatures that have known no other life, and are chained up eternally to a soul, sharing every thought, every emotion, every hurt and joy. They fight with them, like the animal is nothing more than a weapon or a tool to hone. Where is the balance in that?" Ampere was asking Raven now, because she wanted to know. She wanted to understand the real justification everyone had for their despicable acts with their companions.

"Your father, The Earth," Ampere hesitated, waiting for some flicker of recognition in Raven to assure Ampere that she was the daughter of the Earth - Ampere suspected as much, given the collection of the four demi gods with that dragon - "He told me once that the gods created the bond to help these creatures. He said that before, a long time ago, a mare had pleaded with them to keep some of the species alive because they were struggling on their own. So the gods created this 'gift' between the little creatures and the horses, so that horses could protect them and raise them and nurture them, keeping the species strong and alive." Here Ampere's gaze drifted away, glossing over with thought. "Maybe a long time ago they needed that, but now? Now the lands seem rich with fauna, and now I think horses have lost sight of the true purpose and meaning behind acquiring a companion. They know nothing of the life they take into their own, and treat it just as carelessly."

Ampere sighed, and fell into silence. She had more to say - she could talk for hours about this, but she felt full of her own words and the things that they dredged up inside of her. She needed a moment to gather herself, and she figured Raven might appreciate the quiet, if not for a little while, so that she could watch the greed unfurl beneath her.

@[Isopia]
*Ampere is not participating in the drop.

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Come and get it - by Random Event - 05-22-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Ashamin - 05-22-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Badger - 05-22-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Nasreen - 05-23-2015, 03:13 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Nasreen - 05-26-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Isopia - 05-24-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Random Event - 05-24-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Isopia - 05-24-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Ampere - 05-24-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Ashamin - 05-25-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Badger - 05-25-2015, 01:13 PM