the Rift

[OPEN] Old family

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
I am terrified, I think too much

Ribbons extended from one soul to another, cloaked in satiny threads of familiarity and friendship. Though Kaj was unaware of her abilities, should she ever attempt to find her way into his mind, there would be no barriers erected for her to overcome. He trusted her in a way that some could call naive, but he would rather declare it as sensitivity. The ability to tell, to know that she was worth the trust. It had not failed him so far, had instead lent him a family of supporters and devoted allies. It was old, imprinted into him from a land he had been born in, had inevitably carried over into Helovia. A land where brotherhood had meaning, where loyalty was unquestionable.

It would be his downfall someday.

The day ahead did not have such dangers looming unknown on the horizon. But in his eyes there still held worry, for Ophelia's appearance did not always herald good news. Still, there was always time for kindly words, for gentle greetings and reaffirmations of friendship. His name was warm on her lips, like a ray of sunshine breaking between the two of them in kinship of their spiritual loyalties. Ones Ophelia had helped cultivate in Kaj. Muzzles met in warm, puffing motions, and Kaj's smile settled into something deeper, firmer at the action. Ktulu's arrival broke up any attempt at explanation Ophelia had to offer, and the Czar stood aside, backing up a few steps to allow the twins their reunion. He was not needed in that moment, and he kept ear erect only to ensure he did not miss anything of import from the frosted maiden's lips.

Though he frowned softly to hear the news, it was not out of disappointment. Was she well? Had her graceful descent been uninterrupted, bode well with her personality and soul? Or was she struggling to find order, meaning? Kaj doubted she would not be able to achieve what she set out to do, he had faith in her that some could call misplaced, perhaps even Ophelia herself. But ah, how did the saying go? Believe in the me that believes in you.

Ophelia moved onward, explaining her heart's involvement in the issue. Kaj froze to hear her speak, heart stuttering to an uncertain halt in his chest as a beautiful face appeared in his mind's eye. His heart ached, physically pained. No, he could not do what Ophelia had done. Cirrus was flighty, was beautiful and untamed. She could never feel for Kaj what he did for her. And even if his love was requited, what would happen to the Falls then? They would move on without him. In silence he bore the rest of the news, eyes falling to his hooves in grievous silence that he doubted anyone would care to notice. Not out of self-pity but awareness of the fact that he was the outsider in this group.

But Ophelia turned to him then, imploring him to understand and hear her as her hide returned to a less ghastly bloodied color. Kaj managed a gentle, comforting smile. "Of course," he assured warmly. However in a show of irony and fate, Archibald came in that moment, and Kaj offered a smile and a dip of his cranium towards the mountainous man. Ah, useless once more as the old Grey members reunite beneath his nose, though he was unaware of the past that tied them all together. So instead he held back, quiet and solitary in the face of happily bonded friends. Dutifully ignoring the pang that went through his entire insides at the notion. At the beast's words he inclined his head towards Ophelia, a silent suggestion to begin again, at least summarily. It was not his position to do the speaking for her when she was right there, and so he could not make well on his prior promise.

"I'm happy for you," was murmured, expression lax and warm with friendship. "I hope you prosper in the Edge, and always remember you are welcome in these lands and among these people." It might as well be said before the others stole that, too, from his lips.

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Old family - by Ophelia - 05-23-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Old family - by Isopia - 05-23-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: Old family - by Kaj - 05-26-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: Old family - by Ophelia - 06-03-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: Old family - by Archibald - 06-04-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: Old family - by Isopia - 06-08-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: Old family - by Kaj - 06-10-2015, 12:49 AM