the Rift

[OPEN] A half-assed adventure

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
If I had a heart I could love you
If I had a voice then I would sing

The Engineer needed a vacation of sorts - or at least a brief moment to reacquaint himself with the rest of civilization. He had shut himself off in the Aurora Basin for a long damn time, and except for returning Midas' body, he was very much a recluse. Refusing to turn into the goat of the mountain, which his hair was nearly deciding for him, he took a brief venture south. Winter, it seemed, was about to arrive everywhere, but at least in the Thistle Meadow, the thick chill and snow fall had not yet tainted everywhere.

A midday wind rustled through his thick beard and chest fluff, and he strode easily on his bronze, cloven hooves through the grasses. The sun, warm and inviting, beat down on the dark hide of his sleek coat, stretching over corded muscles that rippled easily. He was thinking about someone he should not be thinking about: Essetia. And, he was wondering what happened to Torleik. One day he was the general, and the next day, he was nowhere to be seen. Where was his bearded cousin? He was just starting to get used to his puffy, inflated presence marching around with such authority.

Even the thought made him want to smile.

"Careful Ulrik... you've gone soft..." Kirchoff warned mockingly in his head, the black hellhound trotting easily and his side. The wolf snickered in a hissing, dog-like way.

Ulrik gave him a sour, but playful, look and shook his thick, knotted mane. "Maybe... I am not sure that is such a bad thing. I... well... I like having family."

He did. Losing Illynx and Rikyn had been hard. He missed his son sorely, though he would rarely admit it out loud. The Engineer sighed heavily, grateful for Kirchoff's silence as he spent a few minutes brooding. At the edge of the stream, he halted his movement, yawning a bit with exhaustion as he stretched, looking around at the many plants and fibers here. Maybe he could make some protection from winter with these resources? Weave a few blankets or maybe another tent?

Ulrik stood thinking about this for some time, rather lost to the rest of the world.

[[COME BOTHER ULRIK :D ]]

image credit

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
A half-assed adventure - by Ulrik - 05-24-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: A half-assed adventure - by Ruairi - 05-25-2015, 01:00 AM
RE: A half-assed adventure - by Ulrik - 06-03-2015, 03:01 PM