the Rift

[DROP] Morning Songs

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus the WindDancer
Others arrived, as they so often did when a God descended from his heights in the heavens and graced the land beneath with their presence. The mare watches them all idly, keeping her thoughts to herself. It was hard for her to see the bonds of companions upon so many souls - had it always been that way? Had the soul-bond always been so prolific, so common, so normal? Did everyone know now, what it was to hold another's soul so near to your own? Did they appreciate what they had? Did they earn it to begin with?

Did they know what it was to lose part of your soul?

The arrival of her General and Diviner surprised her - the outburst of the gladiator's son even more so. The rumbling reply from the Earthern Lord to the colt's plea almost shook the ground beneath her hooves, despite his whispered tones, she could feel the power behind what he said. As the Sun rose up over the horizon and danced across her own hide, she watched and listened as the colt was given attention, thinking that after the God had bestowed his wisdom upon the lad, he might put on a display of his power, or otherwise do something that would lead to his departure.

But he didn't.

The Lord's earthly stare came to land upon her own sunny hide, and she was surprised by what he said. Heal? The cloudmare had left the arts of healing long ago - but she did often think about it, and miss it. Life had been simpler then - life had been fuller then. As if on cue, her mane shifted along the length of her nape, and the feathers woven into the strands brushed against her muscular serpentine, reminding her just how much she did have in her life now. Life was different, but was it any more or less full?

Cirrus listened as he addressed her, suddenly welcoming of the idea to improve and grow. He thought her worthy of this gift - she would not squander the opportunity. She would grow and improve, and she would deliver to the Lord what he asked for.

Though.. What was he asking her to do? Collect a token from their corpses - the mare had to wonder what purification had to do with death - what exactly was she going to be required to do -

Of course, the only way to take a token from a corpse would be to create a corpse.

The thought haunted her, even as the God turned his focus to her own Diviner, offering her a chance to grow and improve as well.

"I will not fail you." She murmured her response in a snippet of silence that had followed, swallowing the trepidation that welled up in her throat at the thought of the task bestowed upon her.

To confirm - Will Cirrus return to the Veins when she has all the tokens, or to here in the Meadow? :3

ps THANK YOU <3

eagle-cry-designs | larfsalot
on deviantart
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Morning Songs - by God of the Earth - 05-25-2015, 08:55 AM
    RE: Morning Songs - by Volterra - 05-25-2015, 12:35 PM
    RE: Morning Songs - by Nyx - 05-25-2015, 12:53 PM
    RE: Morning Songs - by Cirrus - 05-26-2015, 06:04 AM
    RE: Morning Songs - by Cirrus - 06-07-2015, 07:13 AM
    RE: Morning Songs - by Isopia - 05-26-2015, 11:10 AM
    RE: Morning Songs - by Maren - 05-26-2015, 02:55 PM