the Rift

[OPEN] And this is how I shall start my life.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars

I did not know I was sharing these lands with another

Isopia's skull-marked face immediately snapped upwards as her sharp golden gaze looked around the possessor of the voice who had interrupted her train of thought. Immediately she saw him - a dappled man of golden - wading his way towards her. Her eyes narrowed, curious about his intent. He obviously hadn't been looking to share the afternoon with another, or else he would have noticed her while she was still farther off. So if he wanted to be alone - as his near-accusation seemed to suggest - then why was he coming this way. Her ears flicked backwards against her skull for a moment before she forced them forward. As much as she wanted to disappear into her raven form and fly swiftly up, up and away, she resisted. Although social graces and political expectations seemed superficial and meaningless to her, she was working on them.

"Then you are ignorant. You share these lands with a multitude of others every single second. Even now, there are millions of bacteria surrounding you in the water, algae now on your hooves. In the air bacteria swim - and those are just a few of the ones that you can't see. There are the fish in this stream, the birds and the bugs. The creatures who live in this field." And you thought you were alone. Idiot. She concluded silently, although the condescension and academic disapproval in her voice implied the thoughts that she left unsaid.

As her movements halted and she regarded the golden stallion, her magic began to take hold. Her hooves disappeared into the river bed, suddenly becoming composed of rock herself. Where her ankles met the water the dark maroon skin suddenly became translucent - as if she was filled with water. Her body began to blend into the water, as if she were a mirror reflecting back its surface - yet it wasn't an illusion.

"Only the very self-centered think that they are ever alone." She concluded, shuffling her mis-matched wings against her flanks. Looking down on him - for she was quite a deal taller, she let her gaze wander to the bright golden marking that he bore on his shoulder. Briefly she wondered if the marking occurred naturally or whether it was placed there - like some sort of brand. Quickly though, she decided she didn't care one way or another. It didn't seem important.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Isopia - 05-26-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 04:19 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-06-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-12-2015, 08:08 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM