the Rift

[OPEN] And this is how I shall start my life.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars

Isopia ignored the obvious frustration that darkened his handsome features. That what she was saying was coming across as rude or condescending was simply a consequence that they both would have to accept. For Iso, the content of her words was much more important than whatever slight the golden steed might have felt upon hearing them. Learning and understanding would always take precedence over wounded feelings.

...yet I cannot say I feel like the algae clinging to my daggers or the bacteria that swim around my person could constitute as a full being.

The girl shrugged her blood splattered shoulders with obvious contempt and frustration. Wasn't he listening to anything that she said? Did he not see the splicing that he was doing with his own words? "That doesn't matter. You said you didn't know you shared this lands with another. Just because you do not detect them does not mean they are not there-" But as he continued speaking, she let her darkened muzzle fall silent. Her ears perked forward, for it sounded as though perhaps his lips had moved long enough for his mind to catch up. For some she had seen that's how things had to work - they had to dribble out some nonesense before they actually said something clever. Patiently she waited - all ears now - even as her body faded away into the water.

The alone I spoke of was the one within the mind, where no one can venture.

It was the type of thing that had the potential to sound wise ... but was it? Her mind whirled, racing. She deciphered and tore apart the sentence silently, picking apart and into each of the words, drilling down to find their meanings. As she strung everything back up, she shook her death marked face once again.

"No.." She began, her golden eyes searching for his own. "I cannot venture into your mind - I do not have that power. Further, unless you had that power, when you first came upon me you would have no way of knowing whether or not that I did. But, given how rare it is to be able to invade another's thoughts, your initial assumption should have been that I wasn't capable of such things. And so, if you didn't believe that I could venture into your mind, then the alone of which you originally referred is still intact. If all it takes to be alone is to keep your mind private, then you still are. But-" At this she paused for a moment, to ensure that he was still listening before continuing. "That is not the same as sharing the lands with another. You made no reference to this concept of alone that you have in mind in your original statement. "

Her magic had now reached her shoulders and was starting to eat away at the feathers and bones of her wing, but Isopia clearly did not seem to mind. She was enthralled with this argument, however poor. "So, by your own lights, while you are sharing this land, you might still be alone while doing so." Those were his words, not hers. It sounded contradictory to her, and, just plain false. As the daughter of the Earth she knew very well about the sentience or lack thereof of micro-bacteria and other small organisms. But that did not mean their place in the world diminished.

As he spoke her name and asked for hers, she sighed, shifted uncomfortably which caused her magic to falter. Water which had reached above her shoulders suddenly splashed off, leaving her russet and maroon flesh moist and wet. Good for you. she felt like saying in response. She had been minding her own business, and how now done him the favor and service of working out his own thoughts for him - and now he wanted her name? Little did he know how precious such a thing was, and while she knew that such was common place at this point in a 'conversation', she was still unwilling. Very unwilling.

And so, she momentarily fumbled. She knew that the correct response was, Nice to meet you, I'm Isopia, but that wouldn't do. It hadn't been nice to meet him. It hadn't been ... anything really, and she would not share her name. Sorry to disappoint would also be a lie, for she wouldn't be disappointed. Exhaling harshly, annoyed that she hadn't yet found an easy way out of these sorts of predicaments, she simply shook her head.

"No. You may give me a name, if you need something to call me by. But you won't have mine."

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 04:19 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Isopia - 05-27-2015, 10:51 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-06-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-12-2015, 08:08 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM