the Rift

[OPEN] And this is how I shall start my life.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars

I never said I didn't have a name, she thought with an internal sigh. Why did no one listen? She specifically made reference to a name that was hers, and merely told him that he couldn't have it. How then, did he arrive at the judgement that she had an unfortunate lack of a name? He was the one who lacked her name, not she. Dismissively, she dipped her head slightly in response to Red. He could have called her pickle for all she minded - such what he would think of her as, and not who she truly was. It made no difference. Just as it made no difference if he judged her height to be slightly different than it was, or thought her coat to appear one way because of the light when in reality it was another. His mental picture - and the associated words - that he placed with it were of no concern to her.

She turned and began to wade up the stream as she had been doing before. She kept an ear trained his direction to catch his words, however uninteresting as they may be. If nothing else, this was good practice. Practice for being normal - for listening to dull and borning histories and pretending to care. Was that what others did? No- she thought to herself with amusement. They really do care. Her mind rolled towards the memories of her mother, with her caring smile and attentive soul. How dull, she concluded at last, before turning her death-marked skull back towards Karalius, noticing that he had apparently stopping speaking.

Your turn..

"Helovia is quite large." She agreed. That he didn't fit in in his homeland, with his family was ... a few notches about irrelevant, but the girl found it boring just the same. So he didn't fit in - neither did she. But what made him thinking that leaving was the best option? Why think he would fit in any better here? And, importantly, who said not-fitting in was a problem? It is for those who care about such things... a voice in the back of her mind told her. She agreed and supposed that it did. "What makes you think you will fit in any better here?" She quipped, pulling her eyes from his golden body and re-focusing on the water she was currently walking through. "And no, I have not." She concluded finally, shaking her quad-horned skull at the name Andash. If she told this stranger that she was only 2 seasons old, that would probably have answered his question as well - but given that that information would open more doors than she wanted, she decided to withhold the information. If he knew that in reality she was still quite young, he'd ask about how that was possible .. find out her lineage and want to chat about that, which ... well. Iso wasn't necessarily opposed, she just didn't like to talk about herself.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 04:19 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Isopia - 06-02-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-06-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-12-2015, 08:08 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM