the Rift

[OPEN] And this is how I shall start my life.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars

In a way it is a probability, yes, but so is everything in this wretched life....

For the second time a look of approval braced Isopia's face as she nodded along. Maybe he isn't as carelessly think as I thought She thought silently to herself. What he said was quite correct - the world was simply the output of an infinite number of probabilities. On a long enough timeline, anything would happen. The incredibly improbable had to be somewhere, or else it would be impossible. The metaphysics of it were quite clear to her - and, as she complexity of it slowly washed through her thoughts, suddenly she wasn't so sure that Karalius hadn't just gotten lucky with his offhanded remark. Still, if they were going to keep walking together she would prefer to think of him as not a complete idiot, and so she attributed the thought to his mind, rather than luck.

"The Moon Goddess watches of the World's Edge .. a few seasons ago she attacked and murdered quite a few horses." The academic lilt of her voice sounded more like she was giving directions, rather than speaking about murders. She sounded entirely un-bothered about the whole thing - which in fact, she was. "Some members of the Edge decided that they didn't want to reside under her rule anymore, and so, with the aid of the Basin, they invaded the Hidden Falls and displaced those in power." Her blood-marked shoulder shrugged as she recounted the events with a dry tone. It wasn't very interesting to her mind - it was the age old story of might making right. Just as lion prides would expand and take over other territory, so too would the creatures of Helovia. Isopia saw no real conflict in it, no matter how much whining some did back in the Falls. They weren't strong enough to resist the Edge, and so what justification did they have for keeping their lands? Nevermind the wealth that new leadership had already brought.

He merely smirked in response to query about recruitment, and so she continued to wade along silently. Kaj and Archibald had told them to recruit at the threshold but ... such things were never appealing to her. She didn't see why hoarding outcasts was a benefit to a herd, if anything it merely reduced the amount of resources that were available. Perhaps it was a status of pride, having the most under your command, but the girl thought not. If anything, it just seemed pointless to her. That Karalius did not want to be wooed to the Falls' was perfectly alright with her.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 04:19 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-06-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-12-2015, 08:08 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Isopia - 06-14-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM