the Rift

[OPEN] And this is how I shall start my life.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars

"All of the Gods do." She responded with a nod. Her sand and dried blood coloured body began to inch back towards shore. The light was fading quickly and it was becoming impossible to see into the depths. Although she had no intention of walking shoulder-to-shoulder with the dappled brute, there was also no need to strain her muscles by wading through the frigid waters.

"They even have children - representatives of a sort meant to assist with balance. Two failed and were recalled and ... replaced-" She muttered vaguely thinking of the fire-child that she never met, and her half-brother, who she also never met. Isopia wasn't bothered to think of herself as a replacement the way her cousin did. She was merely a pawn meant to carry out some sort of cosmic plan which unraveled as she went. "Each herdland has a god who watches over it - The Dragon's Throat is under the watch of the Sun God, the God of the Spark watches the Aurora Basin, the God of the Earth presides over the Hidden Falls, and the Moon Goddess is in the World's Edge. However I have heard that it is easier to find them in the Veins of the Gods. Occasionally they appear around Helovia, but most frequently there, from what I am told." Which was true - Isopia had never had to wait to call her Father down from the Heavens; she never had to chant or pray to make him appear, or be in a particular place. She just thought of him, and he came. Though perhaps things were different for others. That was more than likely, in fact.

"I wouldn't say there was much glory to it." She continued. "The Falls were completely outnumbered, while the Edge and the Basin were conditioned, armored, and prepared. It happened quickly. The Falls didn't stand a chance." The girl shrugged. Where was the supposed glory in it? Would there have been more glory if there had been more bloodshed? If the Falls had put up a better and bigger fight? How was that possible? What was the correlation? More death = higher glory? And what was glory even a representation of? Some weird hybrid of pride that comes from having conquered something?

Emotions. So confusing. Part of the demi-child wondered if those around her even knew what half of the adjectives they used meant.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 04:19 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-06-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-12-2015, 08:08 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Isopia - 06-21-2015, 01:19 PM