the Rift

[OPEN] And this is how I shall start my life.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars

"They play a part no larger or smaller than we do. Their works merely appear larger than ours. But it is fallacy to believe their investigations and interruptions are somehow more meaningful. It is all the same." She mumbled with an ambiguous shrug. Part of her wondered if the Goddess would be appalled to hear her say such things ... though deep inside, she knew that she would agree.

It didn't even occur to her to wonder what her Father would have thought.

You would choose a leader over a god?

"My Father is no leader." She began again, her voice withholding the judgment that had begun to rise within her. While Iso was normally fairly resigned and without emotional response to the doings over others, something about her Father's loving but detrimental treatment of those around him brought ire to her lips. Stifling this, she continued with more neutrality. "But he is a God, and so I reside in his lands. I am the their oracle - their storyteller - it is through me that they commune with him and his wishes. It is not a burden I would easily give to anyone else, and so while I would prefer to reside elsewhere I stay in the Falls."

With a wayward golden glance to the dying light of the sun, the Demi-god sighed distractedly. She had not accomplished the task she had set for herself this day, and already her prolonged conversation had pulled her away from her other responsibilities.

"It is to them that I now return." She advised with a curious lilt in her cadence. The dappled had proven to be a more articulate conversational partner than she would have original guessed, and although she was annoyed at having to return once again to inspect these waters during the day, his forced-pause wouldn't be regarded with hostility or even regret. Her deep golden stare regarded him for a moment, silently wondering if the two would meet again. He now knew where to find her, and while he still did not know her name, he knew a fair amount more than many did about her.

With a decisive nod, her body began to contort. The mismatched blood and tan that colored her body grew dark and black as her bones shifted and shrunk. Her face grew elongated and sprouted a beak as her body grew decidedly more avian. Only her bright golden stare and death-markings remained the same. Cawing once in her raven form, the demi-child rose into the skies - a silhouette just as black as her raven feathers - before disappearing into the evening hush.

@[Karalius] emerrgerrdd. I figured I'd end it here before I dragged this out even longer x.x I'd love for them to meet again though!! Thanks for the thread! <3]

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 04:19 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-06-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-12-2015, 08:08 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-24-2015, 04:58 AM