Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
megaera

and the water is risin' quick
and for years I was scared of it
we can't be sure when it will subside
so I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side
The Sultana stood upon a high dune, her coal-black eyes set northward. Her rare moments of dedicated introspection had increased tenfold in the weeks since Gaucho had raised her to this new title, and here, in the light of an Orangemoon morning, she took time for another. She surveyed the beautiful sands that stretched from her feet to the shimmer of water on the horizon. ’Home.’, she thought, ’Mine to protect and to cherish.” But in order to do fulfill her duties she must leave it for a short time and venture beyond what she could see to the lands beyond.

She had put off her trip as long as possible; the invasion was well over by now and the Throat needed to reaffirm ties with all three of the northern herds. Megaera had to go and be a leader, a diplomat, and that made her more nervous that any battle would. Despite Gaucho’s faith and the Sun God’s instructions, there was more that a small part of the rookie Sultana that wanted to pass this task on to another and stay home where she was not quite so out of her depth. Ampere had brought news of the new leaders of the Edge and neither of the two new kings were characters she was keen to meet again and the leads of the Basin and the newly reformed Falls were just as intimidating, but she must go and meet with all six. She had clung to Mordecai and Einarr, her perfect excuse not to leave the Throat, but it had been several days since their return to the Veins of the Gods and she could delay no longer. She would have to leave tonight, but for now she would take a few hours for herself and her family

The bay turned to look down the sloping dune to the Oasis behind her, mentally shoving her worries to the back of her mind. Her daughter played just below and before she put on the mantle of Sultana, she was determined to just be Meg, to just be ‘Mai’ “Mordecai!” she called out playfully, exuberantly, and plunged herself down the dune. With wings spread, she half ran, half coasted down the incline, laughing as she went.

Tags: @[Mordecai]
Notes: Mom/Daughter quality time!!!
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
the sand that we love and the sun that loves us - by Megaera - 05-26-2015, 09:04 PM