the Rift

[OPEN] we do the oligarchy shuffle [LEADS]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera & Gwaihir
they fought as legends

The minutes seemed to creep as Megaera waited for someone to answer her call. She was sure that someone would have seen her signal, it was surely bright enough and even if the two she sought did not come, those that did should be able to direct her to them. So she waited in as much silence and the rumble of rushing waters would allow but as the seconds dragged her nerves began to creep their way back in. On her back, the eagle ruffled his rich mahogany feathers in irritation; he could feel the nerves of his bonded but as much as he cared for the mare, he had little patience for such things. Long wings stretched over her folded ones and flapped to emphasize the message he tried to pass through their mental link. “My Meg. no nervous!” he scolded before Meg turned her head around to nip gently at the bird on her back.

As Gwaihir had known it would, the little flame of defiance that flared in the mare at the young birds attitude was just the thing she needed. Despite her affection for Gwaihir, she still felt quite motherly towards the bird and was damned if she’d do or feel anything just because he said so “Hush.” she mumbled at him, but she was already changing her posture, holding herself higher and no longer focusing on the doubts that had plagued her journey north. Satisfied, Gwaihir settled, comfortable and still upon her back to wait with her.

The rustle of wings above her had Megaera looking up to see the golden buckskin hurtling in her direction. She tensed as he descended, prepared to defend herself. Ampere had said the invasion was well over but perhaps more fighting had sprung up. Perhaps were the new inhabitants so very defensive of their territory that none would be welcome. The stallion landed and the soldier in Meg immediately had her dark gaze flicking over to size up an opponent. He was just as tall and broad-chested as Einarr, and at any other time she might have rolled her eyes at that. Did ALL these stallions had to be so fucking BIG? She was not as fine boned and delicate as her mother’s people but by Helovian standards it seemed she was destined to be on the small side, much to her endless frustration.

For a moment the tension seemed to sing through the air, both parties unsure but then the golden beast broke the silence with an apology and the flicker of danger passed. Megaera saw the stallion begin to relax and she followed suite. Her muscles relaxed but her legs remained strait and proud, even without conscious intent, making her as tall and dignified as the rookie Sultana was capable of being. She waited, watching the stallion with a steady, measured gaze, inwardly flinching at the mention of her magic. She should have considered the effect it might have on those unprepared for it but it it was so strange to this sun worshiper that any light might be an ill omen. He spoke again before she could and announced himself to be one of the two she had come here to seek.

The Sunspear smiled then, (perhaps this would not be quite so difficult after all), and lowered her head in a respectful greeting. “Well met, Kaj. I am Megaera, Sultana of Dragon’s Throat.” It seemed odd to introduce herself as such, but she spoke well enough. “I am the one who should apologize; my own herd is used to seeing my signal, but I should have considered that it might be alarming to others. I am sorry to have caused you any disquiet.”

Megaera paused for a moment, almost puzzled by how easily the words came to her. It had always been easy to admit her own mistakes after the fact, it was the foresight no not make them in the first place that came hard. She had always considered herself a soldier, a mare of action instead of words but with no one her to fight perhaps she could begin to fit different mold. “I have come to seek the new Czars of the falls and offer my respects. I hope that all are well recovered after your efforts.” She was not entirely sure how she felt about the events that had transpired over the post season and it was not her place to judge, but she was sincere in hoping that all had settled in the northern herds. She did not appreciate the idea of neighbors at war if conflict might spill needlessly into the Throat.

Dark hooves scraped over grass as the Sunspear shifted her stance, and the eagle swayed upon his perch before giving and irritated little noise. ”Don’t like.” he interjected, fixing his sharp golden eyes on Kaj in a thoroughly disapproving glare. Meg couldn’t help but chuckle at that. “You never like anyone.” she returned, thoroughly amused. She moved her muzzle to gesture towards the eagle, "This is Gwaihir. I am afraid you’ll have to excuse his rudeness.” A grin spread across her features, humor breaking through the dignified armor she had built.

"talk talk talk"

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
we do the oligarchy shuffle [LEADS] - by Megaera - 05-26-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: we do the oligarchy shuffle [LEADS] - by Kaj - 05-31-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: we do the oligarchy shuffle [LEADS] - by Megaera - 06-05-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: we do the oligarchy shuffle [LEADS] - by Kaj - 06-14-2015, 08:00 PM