the Rift

A Wandering Star

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

The red stallion seemed to relax, and she mirrored the the motion. But her mind remained wandering. She had been raised outside of borders. Her father had always told stories of his life in a herd, how despite the safety and harbor a herd may offer, it also came with the price of invisible ropes tying a unicorn to the land. Of corrupt rulers, abuse, crazed kings and queens. He taught her and her brothers that life as a free creature would provide its own rewards, though he was never able to elaborate between rigorous training exercises. It never made sense to her, but she blindly followed. She was but a filly in a cruel world, and her sire and dam were the ones who gave her shelter, who protected her. Her father's teachings were law, and she didn't question them until he turned on her. Until he almost killed her through his neglect and anger. But despite her father's teachings on the importance of freedom, he still managed to instill in her a subconscious need for leadership. His lessons fell apart at the seams, leaving her to be a blank canvas to be taught or manipulated. But, alas, what did any if it matter if being a free mare lead her to starve or be killed? A chill ran down her spine, and she was unsure if it was from the bite of the autumn air, or from the thought of death.

The stranger shrugged, and told her this was free territory they stood in. Helovia, he called this land. He shared his name, and his title.
"d'Artagnan," she repeated, knowing the name would stick if she let it roll from her own lips.

She cast her smokey gaze towards the north, considering his invitation. Mountains were visible through the distant haze. Her bones ached, reminding her yet again of her past, and her journey so far. It would not be an easy trek, and she did not know what would be waiting for her, if she even made it.
"A home," she sighed, her eyes still distant.
"Will your home so willingly accept a strange vagabond? I am nothing but a stranger to you. Perhaps it is time to find a place to settle, to be safe, . If I will be welcomed, if I am allowed to grow strong again, I will repay any debts I owe. But I won't make it alone, and hope you will guide me, d'Artagnan."

The black starry coated mare fell silent, catching his gaze. Why end her journey now, if home could be right around the corner?

Home.

OOC:: Sorry if that was awful, I'm getting back into this whole thing. I'll get better, promise.
@[d'Artagnan]
"Talk"

[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
A Wandering Star - by Ki'irha - 05-27-2015, 12:06 PM
RE: A Wandering Star - by d'Artagnan - 05-27-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: A Wandering Star - by Ki'irha - 05-27-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: A Wandering Star - by d'Artagnan - 05-28-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: A Wandering Star - by Ki'irha - 05-28-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: A Wandering Star - by d'Artagnan - 05-29-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: A Wandering Star - by Ki'irha - 05-29-2015, 12:57 PM