the Rift

[OPEN] wam bam, thank you mam

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

What a peaceful way to spend the morning after a long, pleasant night of kissing the stars…

Only, I wasn’t kissing stars last night, or even mares for that matter… and I hadn’t had a good night, though it had been exceptionally long. I mean, watching tiny slivers of moonlight press through the canopy overhead –it was every female’s dream- was probably the most mundane thing I’d ever done. Oh, and don’t forget the soft night song of the crickets and the toads (I mean frogs) and lest I overlook the whimsical howls of some nearby wolf pack. I was practically Shakespeare -thinking of versus and writing down rhymes about long lost tragedies that weren’t even mine- except that I wasn’t and the whole situation sucked ass.

Let’s get one thing straight Helovia: I haven’t been here long enough to find your attempts at wooing me to be convincing. I need a little more substance and I’m definitely not a cheap- you already know where I’m going. I just need one encounter or one creature that’s worth any of my time or effort, and honestly… I’m getting a bit lonely. If you think about it, loneliness has a voracious appetite. At first it’s just a little somethin’-somethin’ that turns into this monstrous ache in the pit of your stomach and, where once I could sate it with vague promises of companionship, it had truly grown too large for my bluffs any longer.

I guess that’s how I’d ended up at the beach again with the pale morning light flooding in from the horizon like some fuckin’ Picasso piece. It wasn’t really vibrant as much as abstract with the waters distorting the angles of color that dipped and rose up and over the waves, but at least it was something soothing for sore eyes (literally). I was exhausted, stressed out, and a bit grouchy (even to my own tastes), yet here I was looking to ride out another day… or wave if we’re getting “punny”.

The white-washes sands stretched out like an expansive runway (which had I not been so off-put, I would have enjoyed) and if one looked off into the distance they could see the beginnings of a warm autumn day. It was nice to look at I guess, what with the fading of pinks and purples meshing into what would soon become blues and whites. Morning was a good time to admire things… even if I hated mornings myself.

As I ambled down the beach, dragging my toes in the sand as I went (though probably not in the way you’re thinking), I decided to approach the water’s edge. The tides lapped against the shore in a steady, beating rhythm that made me want to close my eyes again, and at some point maybe I would, but for a while I was content to watch the surf. I’d never seen fish or whales or marine life at all for that matter since I’d arrived here. For some reason that was incentive enough to keep staring (or snoozing) out at an eternity that didn’t really seem to be an eternity anymore.

Atlas

image credits

@[Syrena]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
wam bam, thank you mam - by Atlas - 05-27-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: wam bam, thank you mam - by Amaris - 05-31-2015, 04:17 AM
RE: wam bam, thank you mam - by Syrena - 06-02-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: wam bam, thank you mam - by Atlas - 06-05-2015, 03:07 PM