the Rift

Shadows fall behind her

Sky Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sky sighed wistfully, dipping her muzzle back down as she continued to walk through the trees, feet gracefully lifting through the leaves and above the tree's roots. She meandered along, carefully, ears swiveling around taking in the new sounds, eyes slightly wide taking in the new sights. A cold gust blew past her, causing her to catch her breath for a moment and her muscles to want to come alive and jump at will. She stood steady for a moment, attempting to absorb the energy. Leaning back slightly on her haunches, she was about to straighten and once again leap off when a soft nicker floated to her.

She froze in place, like a terrified bunny, when the young winged colt entered into her sight. Sky jumped in place, front legs sprawled out like a dog anxious to play. She had never seen a creature like him! While she heard the hello, she could only take in his magnificent sight. Those GOLDEN wings! Those piercing blue eyes, at the moment looking curiously at her. At her....

His words echoed in her mind a few times before she registered them, then she jumped up again standing upright. She exhaled a breath she didn't realize she was holding in and smiled. She then brought her lips back together, strangers don't smile at each other do they? That would be odd. Did he think she was odd? Then she realized there had been quite a few moments of silence that passed without her answering him yet.

"Hello!" She managed to say confidently, with a nice even warm tone.
She carefully walked a few steps towards him, neck arched high, ears perked and alert.
She thought for a moment on her reply, and became slightly lost in thought about her answer as she began to speak "Well I might be lost, but if I have no particular destination in mind. So, then I wouldn't be? But..." then she shook her solid, but refined head. With a small laugh, she looked into his eyes again.

"Maybe you could help me." A smile crept onto her lips once again, without her noticing this time.

"Um, where are we?" she asked another small laugh escaping her again. Her nerves were jumping and bounding in her body. The nervous laughter wanted to burst right out of her. She was so nervous and excited to find another equid, yet she never expected this amazing winged colt. He seemed friendly and part of her just wanted to jump up and down and gallop around with him. The other part was very very anxious and worried what this world will have in store for her.

tag: Aeolus

Credits for image: horse Loopie2008-stock cave bookwack ocean Alegion-stock Light brushes anodyne-stock
all at deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Shadows fall behind her - by Sky - 05-29-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Shadows fall behind her - by Aeolus - 05-31-2015, 10:39 PM
RE: Shadows fall behind her - by Sky - 06-01-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: Shadows fall behind her - by Aeolus - 06-01-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: Shadows fall behind her - by Sky - 06-05-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: Shadows fall behind her - by Aeolus - 06-05-2015, 10:06 PM