the Rift

[OPEN] Through the Looking Glass [Welcoming]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Sticks and stones

The smirk that this newcomer offered warned Torleik of the attitude he likely adopted, so it didn't come as complete surprise when Rohan offered a nearly barbed quip in reply. "Wanderlust." The word is not foreign to him, and it was spoken with some weight. "I have often found that those who cannot settle into a home usually are not prevented from doing so by the home itself, but by a driving force inside that never quite lets them be at home within themselves. They wander to avoid confronting that which is distasteful inside of them, or inside their past." Piercing blue eyes affixed on Rohan's face. "I wonder, which are you?" The question was murmured almost absentmindedly, hinting at an internal thought spoken aloud without purpose.

The next phrase piqued his curiosity simply for the fact that it sounded rather like a non-sequiter: clearly something must have transpired in the threshold but the king had not been there to witness it. "Prettier faces?" A single, rather unamused brow quirked when the antler-horned stallion so magnanimously suggested they do something about the crumbling glass wall, and irritation became the rabicano's predominant emotion - though it was delivered in cool sarcasm. "Surely with the barbs you've shown you're capable of producing you haven't any fear of cutting yourself on mere glass? You seem a capable enough fellow to effect change; shall I consult the Goddess of the Moon, ask her if she might bless your sharp, keen mind with the magical gifts necessary to manipulate the wall? We certainly could use a Glersmiðr," the dark stallion replied with a shrug of his muscled shoulders, glancing at Mauja to see if his queen wished to play along.

No real ill-will was festering between the Bloodskald and this stranger, though he did find his sharp manner to be more rude and ill-bred than amusing considering he was a guest within their land, currently. Perhaps he did not understand he could be killed for simply stepping foot across their border... But that was an unnecessary lesson to be touched upon. Torleik doubted this Rohan would cause more trouble than simply stirring up a hornet's nest of words.

@[Thor]
@[Rohan]

"talk talk talk"

Art by valerie911 @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Through the Looking Glass [Welcoming] - by Thor - 05-31-2015, 02:32 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [Welcoming] - by Torleik - 06-22-2015, 06:06 PM