the Rift

make.damn.sure

Phaedraa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Phaedra
I just wanna break you down so badly

She swayed as she walked, weaving through the trees and stepping carefully over the twig strewn ground. Without much thought she moved quietly, the habit rooted deep, avoiding predators though an attack like the one that had taken her sister was rare. The descending sun broke through holes in the forest and highlighted the dark dapples on her coat, a slight wind blowing her thin mane into more tangles. Phaedra slowed and shook her head slightly, the motion moving an ample forelock out of her amber eyes so as to improve her vision. The thin skin of her nostrils flared as she inhaled, recognizing the scent of other equines, ears attentive although she heard nothing that might tell her that she was no longer alone.

She slipped through close-growing forest into a small clearing, leaning her long body against the trunk of a nearby tree and rubbed, relieving an itch that had been bothering her for quite some time. She was simply too lazy to reach around and get it but the trunk provided a perfect solution. She leaned for a moment, letting part of her weight go, and her body relax. She had been traveling, although slowly, for what seemed like forever and wondered when it would be time to stop. Her chest was heavy, her heart weary for something to stay the same. The absence of companionship, the constant change in scenery, was finally wearing her down. She sighed, unsure of where to go from here. She supposed she should find somewhere to post up for the night but the effort seemed greater than she was willing to give. Phaedra knew she should feel hopeful, her future was uncertain and therefor open, but instead she just felt tired. Her lids descended as she let everything stop, just for this moment there could be nothing.

[ooc] So this is worse than horrible... I haven't written a post in about 4 years so I'm hoping it will all come back to me.

word count : 306

Messages In This Thread
make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-01-2015, 04:15 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-01-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-01-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-02-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-02-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-03-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-05-2015, 03:38 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-05-2015, 09:38 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-10-2015, 03:28 PM