the Rift

:: Help us make sparring more fun ::

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
1. I personally really like this idea! I don't have a lot to contribute though as far my own ideas.

2. Is there a stress reliever you can think of that we can implement?
I'd really appreciate the ability to have shorter word limits. Writing 600-800 word posts can be extremely difficult for me. Especially since my battle skills are lacking and I'd love the ability to have short more fast paced spars. It's really all those word counts that stress me out, and makes me avoid sparring so much. I spend a lot of time dreading the fact I have to sit down and write a small essay, but, I do understand why we need this. Certain writers require high word counts in order to meet the amount of detail.

I also agree with Jen's points on stylistic choices. Some of my characters have very different styles from others. A Maitimo post will be written differently than an Arya post, due to their drastic personality differences and demands. And like Jen said, it's very subjective. Which is totally fair! We all have writing style preferences. It'd be nice for it to be more focused on the technical, that way I can feel like it's more or less based on my skill as a battle writer versus my writing style, which is still developing as a whole.

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Messages In This Thread
RE: :: Help us make sparring more fun :: - by Arya - 06-02-2015, 12:31 AM