the Rift

:: Help us make sparring more fun ::

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Now that I have sparred a lot more and had more time to think--

I think having the OOC sparring teachers on hand to help new people scared to get into it would help. Just to let people know they can always do an open spar with the tag [Open Teaching] and a teacher will join in would be swell. Getting teaching advice and talking with my teachers has helped me tremendously and I find that the more you know and more you do it the more you have fun. Or just in general encouraging people who are timid to start or feel less than confident to open spar--maybe the other way around, so OOC teachers can start spars once and a while (maybe on a rotating basis when they are free) that are open to anyone with less than X VP. Since not all teachers are admin this isn't an admin only burden so much as a community shared thing, helping each other. And the more that get taught the more will eventually be able to become teachers themselves, I know I hope to be good enough to be one someday.

Another option is simply an open forum for it--maybe on skype--where if people are stuck with their spars they can message these people and be like, hey, I'm in this tricky position and I am looking for advice, or, I want to know how much damage I should take or if this is realistic, etc. The person still has to write it themselves so it's not cheating or anything, obviously.

And I do still think the occasional RE weather/environment/what have you roll could be fun. Maybe you could ask Mythical Request in your roll thread for simply a couple sentences of something happening in the battle thread, be limited to one use per fight so as not to overwhelm.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
RE: :: Help us make sparring more fun :: - by Ashamin - 11-18-2015, 10:20 AM