the Rift

[OPEN] There's a rupture to the structure, of this house that we built

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade

"I hate the beach" he complained under a tree on the border of the sandy expanse before him, to no one in particular. Why was he here? Aramis had expressed the need to hunt and, bored, the Nightshade had followed him and lost him at the same time. Perhaps if he had been paying more attention then this would never have happened, alas, the day he paid attention for longer than a minute would be the day he died from exhaustion. So he rested one foot under the shade of a tree, enjoying the colder wind that whipped up from the sea air, but still displaying his usual disgruntled face. Though, for quite a while, he stared across to the horizon where it met the unruly water and wondered what else was out there. Was it better than here? He wished that the day he had found Kou lying still at his feet was all but a bad dream or an illusion conjured by some narcissist magician who felt like having fun. That Kou was still alive, somewhere across the sea and, for a moment, the world was right again. It was easier to breathe, easier to think and easier to be at peace. It was a moment, a beautiful fleeting moment created by his imagination that disappeared as soon as it had appeared. One day, he would cross that illustriously dark ocean of death and find her again, in peace, at the other side.

The pitter-patter of paws against the sand brought him back to the present and his sullen mismatched gaze fell on Aramis in all its grumpy glory. "Where did you go?" He complained greatly. "Hunting. It’s not my fault you got lost" the hellion shrugged, carrying an unlucky hare in his mouth. "You know I don’t like the beach" he complained even more looking at the sand in his hooves with an irritable look. "Why? What has the beach done to you?" Aramis was genuinely curious as to why his friend loathed the place so much.

Caught off guard, d’Artagnan gruffly pondered the question, trying to find an adequate answer for his grumpiness before blurting out his thoughts. "Because" he faltered a moment with a grim line set to his lips before continuing "it’s wet and sandy" he finished. The hellhound’s eyes bored into the Doctor with a look that was mixed between mock astonishment and amusement. "Wow, never knew that" he sarcastically replied before tearing apart his dinner.

At a loss for words, the Nightshade scowled back into the horizon, refusing to acknowledge the hound out of moodiness.

@[Mauja]
Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
There's a rupture to the structure, of this house that we built - by d'Artagnan - 06-02-2015, 09:34 AM