the Rift

[OPEN] There's a rupture to the structure, of this house that we built

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade

He rolled. He fucking rolled in the disgusting shit.

d’Artagnan watched him with clear disgust lining every part of his face whilst he stepped back from spotty clod with distinct distaste. Perhaps he’d wanted to be a palomino all this time. The idiot rolled back onto his side in comical fashion that drew a short humoured grunt from the Nightshade, who finally shook his head in mourning. “Ugh look it’s all stuck to you” he shivered, wrinkling his lips into a grimace, still wondering why on earth this thing on the floor was his greatest friend. Even Mauja himself confirmed his lack of brain, concluding that thin air was indeed all that was between his ears and d’Artagnan nodded in thoughtful agreement. His mismatched eyes watched the spotty fruitcake with mirth, witling down his description of his best friend into a simple précis: a sandy jerk with weight issues and a thick skull.

Poor guy.

“Brainless and overweight…” the shade paused and raised a brow “you really let yourself go huh” he commented sympathetically. He then paused again, feeling laughter brewing in his gut and finally it spewed out of his mouth. Ah, it felt good to laugh properly again! He wasn’t sure there was many if any at all that he could laugh like this with and, for that, the red was grateful for Mauja. Even if he was covered in horrible, sticky sand that surely he would be tasting for days. Sand had a habit of going everywhere without prior knowledge, even when you didn’t roll in it.

The wind blew and the comical turned to serious.

He watched his friend sink back to the floor and he held his breath for what might be an onslaught of life disasters. Such always seemed to be the way with Mauja. Though the humour sank back into his lips at the first comment and the shade rolled his eyes. “Who are you calling Darling, just look at the state of you” he said, showing mock disgust, like he’d ever be so close to such a dunce.

Lies.

There was another pause, as Mauja seemed to gather his thoughts, looking like a fish out of the ocean, before finally he seemed to get what he wanted out into the open.  

Psyche died? Another of the old guard to disappear from the world along with Kou, the world was moving on in a cruel fashion. Not that he was ever that close to Psyche, but he liked her more than Illynx the Interior Designer. Yet, it wasn’t as surprising as Mauja being crowned again. The red’s face went from a mixture of bewilderment to a frown and back to thought. “So you were part of that shambles battle then” he grunted, remembering the upstart Leaders of the Basin trying to preach glory to them. “Like you can just run away from the Moon” he said, irony piercing through his voice as he remembered that one night many seasons ago.

“King Mauja then” he began, not really sure how about his feelings on it. There was nostalgia from days long gone, but there was also a sense of doubt. Mauja had once been the King of Unicorns, dethroned and exiled to the mountains. Eventually he had left them to wander his own path and now he was here, telling d’Artagnan that he had his crown back. Yet, he had never come back for the kin who had served him in the Edge. “Do you want to be King?” the shade asked first “you don’t sound convinced,” he snorted, not one to beat around the bushes.

After a pause he asked another question “what is the Worlds Edge like now?” it was surely not like that of old.

”And you?”

d’Artagnan thought about his dismal state of affairs and shrugged, sighing a long tired sigh. “Surviving” he said in a puff “I’m no longer a Mender, but the Basin’s General. A change made by its new three leads he didn’t bother hiding his distaste. “I like the title, but less the herd… It’s not the same. Not anymore.” Finally, sadness found its way into his voice as his gaze dropped to the floor; “I have no purpose in this land, not like I once did” he spat.

Lastly, he raised his head and sighed again at Mauja “without Kou, there’s nothing here for me” he finished. It was unlike d'Artagnan to be so down, but his situation was one he had never dreamed of being in.

Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's a rupture to the structure, of this house that we built - by d'Artagnan - 09-01-2015, 05:55 AM