World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
it only hurts when i'm breathing
my heart only breaks when its beating
and my dreams only die when i'm dreaming
</style>

I'd spent so much time avoiding Cera that it became second nature to me. If I spotted him from a distance I would change my direction. If I went to our tree and saw him sleeping I would leave to find somewhere else to rest. I didn't like avoiding him, but I didn't want to face him, either. I didn't want to have to tell him about dad's death, I didn't want to see the look on his face, I didn't want to watch him fall apart, and I didn't want to hear him cry. I didn't want to tell him that I'd gone to his burial, had been there when everything he possessed had been given to someone else. That I hadn't even been offered a feather from his wing. I'd rather keep it all to myself, suffer silently, and let him keep living in blissful ignorance, completely unaware of just how little we seemed to have mattered.

Sleep, as usual, hadn't come easily to me during the night. Cera had been sleeping by our tree so I found somewhere else to try to sleep. The nightmares that I'd been having since I watched my dad fall from the sky and breath his last breathe plagued me. I was sure that I'd woken up a few times screaming and crying. It was another reason that I found myself wanting to be alone. I didn't want to bother anyone else. I was enough of a burden to myself.

I blame my lack of sleep from the night before on the fact that I hadn't noticed Cera standing and waiting for me. I actually heard his voice before I even noticed him. I flinched, my head jerked upward and I stared wide-eyed at my big brother. "...nothing." I whispered when he asked what he had done. My breathing became shallow when he spoke Hototo's name, Ryuu's name. His voice trailed off, but I knew what he was getting at. They were all gone and now I was avoiding him. But I was doing it for his own good!

"What happened, Anji?"

I shook me head and took a step back when he called me by that nickname he'd given me when I was a baby. "Its... I just... I..." I couldn't talk myself out of it, I didn't know what to say. "I..." I stepped back again, shook my head again. "I'm sorry..." Then I turned and I ran away from my brother as fast as I could.

"."

@[Cera]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
(i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-02-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-03-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-05-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-05-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-05-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-06-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-15-2015, 05:06 PM