World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
it only hurts when i'm breathing
my heart only breaks when its beating
and my dreams only die when i'm dreaming
</style>

I knew that running away from Cera would hurt him, but I thought that it was the lesser of two evils. I thought that if I was able to get away from him that I could spare him the hurt and grief that came along with losing family. Hadn't he hurt enough when Hototo died? Why would I want my brother to suffer more when he could go on living his life completely oblivious? Why, when I could shoulder the burden for him and allow him to be happy?

I never knew Cera as one to chase down anyone, so when his shoulder connected with my flank I squealed in a mixture of shock, displeasure, and ... anger. The force and weight of his body pushing into my flank made me stumble and as I attempted to catch myself so I wouldn't fall I ended up turning my body more into his. "Stop!" I screamed at him and in a desperate attempt to drive him away I bit at his neck. His face. His shoulder. Anything that was within my reach I bit. I'm not proud of what I did, but I've always found that physical pain was a lot easier to deal with than emotional. The pinch and sting of my teeth against his skin would fade quickly, but how long would it take to move past the twisting knife of death?

I felt his teeth against my neck and I tried to shove at him with my wing, tried to get it high enough so I could hit him in the head... but he wouldn't let me. I wasn't fast enough and he was pressed so close to me that I couldn't move my wing. His neck was draped across my back holding me close, and his wing wrapped around me so I couldn't run away. I felt trapped. I couldn't move so I stood there trembling, shaking so fiercely that I thought he had to be shaking, too.

"I'm sorry."

"Let me go." I whispered. "Please .... just let me go."

"Please, please just tell me."

"...I can't."I couldn't, I just couldn't. "...please, Cera." I couldn't hide the hitch in my voice, or the tears that stung my eyes that made me more desperate for escape. So I tried again, I wriggled and tried to shove with my wings. I even tried to shove the side of my head against his shoulder to push him away. "I can't ... let me go."

"."

@[Cera]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
(i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-02-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-03-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-05-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-05-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-05-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-06-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-15-2015, 05:06 PM