Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
it only hurts when i'm breathing
my heart only breaks when its beating
and my dreams only die when i'm dreaming
</style>

"What?"

I knew that I had hurt Cera by avoiding him, by running away from him, and by physically attacking him in my attempt to get away. I knew it hurt him and yet I had kept doing it over and over and over again. I guess I did it because I knew that nothing I did would hurt as much as him finding out about dad's death. I wanted so badly to protect him from the anguish that would come with knowing. I didn't want him to cry or be sad. I wanted him to keep smiling, keep laughing, keep thinking the world wasn't as bad as it truly was. I didn't want him to be tarnished because in all of the shit the world threw at me he was still a beacon of hope for me. I didn't want that hope to be extinguished.

I guess I was selfish.

The only thing I could do as what I said sank in was watch as Cera dropped to the ground. I felt numb, completely disconnected from the world around me; like I was an outsider watching something that I had no business watching. He screamed and I flinched. He beat his wings against the sand and I felt the cracks in my heart widen. "Cera..." I whispered his name, but I didn't know what to say. I couldn't say 'it'll be okay' because I didn't want to lie to him. It would never be okay that our dad was taken away from us. It would never be okay that neither of us had gotten to say goodbye to him, or that neither of us had anything except memories to remember him by.

At that point I think I would have sacrificed my own wings just for one of dad's feathers to give to Cera... but I didn't even have that.

My vision blurred as I stood there watching Cera and soon my tears were sliding down my face and falling down onto the sand. I don't know what hurt more... knowing that there was nothing that I could do to help Cera or knowing that I had been too weak to protect him. "I'm sorry..." I mumbled as he hiccuped and sobbed. "I'm so sorry." That was exactly why I hadn't wanted to tell him. Why I had shouldered the burden of knowing by myself for so long; because I hadn't wanted him to fall apart like he was.

"This is why..." I mumbled on. "I ... I didn't want to tell you. I didn't want you to hurt... I wanted to protect you, but I couldn't... I'm sorry." I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry that I'm weak. I'm sorry that you're hurt.

I'm sorry that it was dad and not me...

"."

@[Cera]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
(i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-02-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-03-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-05-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-05-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-05-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-06-2015, 12:15 AM