Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
it only hurts when i'm breathing
my heart only breaks when its beating
and my dreams only die when i'm dreaming
</style>

"Africa."

I shrugged when Cera said her name because ...I guess at that point it really didn't even matter what her name was. She already had everything that had ever belonged to my dad. I know it probably sounded selfish of me to think that way or to want something that was his, but didn't I deserve a keepsake? Wasn't I his child? Why couldn't I have something to remember him by? Something that every time I looked at it I would remember his face, his voice, or the shade of gold that colored his wings? Not having anything made me feel ... unimportant. Like I didn't matter when I should because I was his child.

I felt like I was crumbling and when I felt Cera's neck over my withers I stepped closer to him and rested my cheek against him. 'Its okay' he said and it was the lie that I'd been wanting to hear from everyone, but it didn't make me feel any better. Not like I had hoped it would. I sucked in a breath and I could smell the blood that I had drawn by repeatedly lashing out at Cera in my attempt to protect him. It was just another thing I screwed up and the reality of what I'd done, of how I'd hurt my brother physically and emotionally suddenly crashed onto me. My entire body shook and I tried to choke back a sob. "I'm sorry.." I whispered because the last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt my brother... and I had.

"We...maybe we can have it erased?"

"No..."

"Or numbed, or blurred or...something..."

"No..."

"Jiri you can't - you can't live that way, it'll kill you. Trust me."

"No!" And I jerked away from Cera, my ears back and my eyes wide as I stared at him. "No! I won't! I can't!" My chest heaved and I had to force myself to stop moving backwards. "I... I already don't have... I don't have a lot of memories of him...I..." Was it sad that I had so few memories that I'd be willing to remember my dad's death? My gaze fell from Cera to the ground and I stared at it. "...I need to remember something. I don't have anything else..."

"I had to kill our father, after all."

I lifted my head and looked at Cera, confusion evident in my eyes. "...what?"

"."

@[Cera]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
(i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-02-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-03-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-05-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Ranjiri - 06-05-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: (i come to you in pieces) - by Cera - 06-05-2015, 11:30 PM