the Rift

[PRIVATE] 'cause we lost it all

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

"I thought I saw you there."

Snö froze at the sound of his voice and, ever so slowly, she turned her head to look back at Mauja. She looked at his face, the horn atop his head, his mane, his hooves, his tail that dragged the ground, but she refused to meet his gaze. Too many times had she looked into his eyes only to see what she chalked up to fear, sadness, disappointment, and pain. She hadn't noticed it until Tamlin's birth, the first prince, the child that was born with magic, the child that was better than her in every way. She'd convinced herself that he was disappointed because she hadn't been blessed with magic. That she'd been born a princess instead of a prince.

It never occurred to her that the disappointment that she'd thought she'd seen in her father's eyes had been because of the way she acted out to get his attention. Or that her jealousy had caused him pain, and her anger had caused his sadness.

...or maybe she did think about it and knew it was her fault. Maybe she just denied to herself that it was all her fault.

The pale, icy mare stood perfectly still as Mauja closed the distance between them, but she still refused to meet his gaze. Instead she looked to the wall, her eyes following it as it disappeared into snowdrifts. "How far does it go?" She asked, because it was a safe thing to talk about. It was mundane and easy and so, so safe. Safe as good, wasn't it? It wouldn't lead to them fighting, to her getting angry, to her screaming and saying every hurtful thing that she could in an attempt to lessen her own pain, to one of them running away again...

"I was going to follow it to see." She murmured as she stood there staring at it. "But..." Her voice trailed and she shifted her weight, unsure of what else to say.

"."

@[Mauja]
Snö
you're looking at an absolute zero
i'm not the devil but i won't be your hero
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
'cause we lost it all - by Snö - 06-03-2015, 02:42 PM
RE: 'cause we lost it all - by Mauja - 06-04-2015, 09:05 AM
RE: 'cause we lost it all - by Snö - 06-04-2015, 11:20 AM
RE: 'cause we lost it all - by Mauja - 08-07-2015, 08:04 AM