the Rift

Ground Zero

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

…so, eventually.

Here we were, surrounded by snow and ice that curved above us, a vault of blue that encased us in frost and echoes.

I’m 0-3, Pa.

Then I suggest you change that.

There was a beauty in his words.

It was a garbled beauty, black and barbed, dangerous to touch and awful to spew from your mouth cuz it scratched you on its way out. But it was a beauty anyway and I latched onto its painful husk gladly, willingly, a hook I had needed in the line to salvation.

We can't afford to fuck this up.

So it wasn’t even an option.

I stood there in the ankle-deep snowdrift, you perched on my poll while my shoulders were adorned with the rust-kissed blades of a sword I had dug from a glacier some time ago—seasons, seasons had passed, the wheel turning even though there was still so much bloodshed hidden by the new snowfall of a brand-new year.

A brand-new era of bloodshed.

A brand-new era of more frost, more snowfall.

A year since my previous disaster, that shadow I had let slip passed my grasp and into the throat of my Toto—a loss laid to rest, but a scar that I still picked at from time to time, the scab too large to peel off just yet.

The beauty in his words gripped me with purpose—clear-cut and golden, cuz lord knows I wouldn’t have achieved this focus on my own. My head was a mess by itself, a catastrophe of nightmares and blue eyes and golden locks and the burning, burning question, why Pa, why did you—

--but no. That’s not why I was here. I was here for other things.

(Eyes of red)

And maybe one day all that black shit would spew from my head and my heart and my mouth and I would lay it at my father’s feet and dare the bastard to turn his cheek away—

--but not now. That’s not why I was here.

My breath frosted around me, clouds of smoke drifting on either side of me as I stood in the pale, translucent shadow of an icy arch. I sighed; I rolled my shoulders, and rusted metal jostled around, a discordant melody in the din.

You fluttered on my head; your wings spread and you snapped at the air, gripping my mane tightly with your talons. There were no questions, now. You were just ready alongside me.

“…Pa,” I spoke—my voice pouncing off of ice, back at me, into the air, traveling down, down, down the corridor and laying itself into the softness of snow. “Here I am.”

@[Random Event]
@[Knox]--when you're ready!

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Ground Zero - by Roskuld - 06-04-2015, 12:37 PM
RE: Ground Zero - by Random Event - 06-08-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Ground Zero - by Roskuld - 06-10-2015, 03:05 PM
RE: Ground Zero - by Random Event - 06-14-2015, 10:26 AM
RE: Ground Zero - by Roskuld - 06-22-2015, 12:17 PM
RE: Ground Zero - by Random Event - 08-18-2015, 11:11 PM