the Rift

How can I keep from singing? [Vikram]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
She stepped forward to meet him again, and he curved his head down to draw her close once more, a deeply contented rumble rising to greet her pronouncement. There was no need for him to make such statements, she already knew that his heart and his loyalty was entirely hers. Perhaps had known that longer than she'd known the truth of her own heart. It was impossible for him to know for sure, but that was how he felt, what he suspected. Such suspicions appeared susceptible to coming true, in some form that was not always quite what one expected.

A dragon's voice rang out in the forest's stillness, familiar and welcome. Akaith. His ears tilted to catch the musical notes the gold spilled forth, then angled to absorb Mirage's words. He chuckled then, shifting his weight subtly so that the scales that lined his underside scraped and rustled. "Well, I am." He said simply, somewhat bemused by this statement of what had always seemed so obvious. Bronzen were his scales, and that hue seemed to influence the shade of the rest of him, in little ways.

Her question made him pause, grow still and quiet for a moment. He knew she'd ask, with the way he'd nudged that door open with his own comment. But it was still full of thoughts and emotions hard to sort out. "My mother. I barely saw my clutchmates before her mate cast me out." A glimpse long enough to establish that none of his half siblings had born metallic colors, not that clutch. Age had lent its wisdom to that knowledge, maturity had given him an insight into the mind of the great bronze who'd been so enraged to find the only metallic in the nest had been half equine. "She was the only one I had contact with before I was old enough to fend for myself."

Messages In This Thread
How can I keep from singing? [Vikram] - by Mirage - 06-10-2012, 08:20 AM
RE: How can I keep from singing? [Vikram] - by Vikram - 06-30-2012, 11:43 PM