the Rift

How can I keep from singing? [Vikram]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
Night was ever cooler than the day, its hours ever changing in the path of moon and stars, even now when the differences between day and night grew smaller. It never quite got cold before the sun rose to sear the grasses once more, so every dark moment was treasured while it lasted.

Something drew the bay-bronze steed into the deeper shadows tonight, traversing beneath the thick boughs of the forest he'd yet to wander through. The close confines were almost claustrophobic, lending no space for the hybrid to spread the leathered expanses that sprouted from his shoulders. It was tempting, so tempting, to make a dignified retreat for more open lands. But that something still coaxed him forward. A familiar scent, one that lured him in no matter how faint.

Then he heard her. A song wafted on the breeze, weaving through the close growing trees and giving voice to the aura of the woods. He paused, head held up with ears pricked forward, listening for several long beats as the melody paced along in its steady tempo. Then he began to move toward the sound, becoming aware of the harmony of dragon-song accompanying her voice as he drew ever closer.

He found himself humming as well, finding his own strain of harmony that suited the song and his voice, silently wondering at the unprecedented event. Golden eyes picked her out through the trees, a deeper shadow within the darkness, her figure and that of Akaith lightly silvered in the starshine that trickled through the branches. An indirect path was one he followed to join her, weaving through the trees where his greater bulk was allowed and angling ever closer. Until he walked behind her, a stride back, settling into her company and the eerie tune she wove without a missed beat.

Messages In This Thread
How can I keep from singing? [Vikram] - by Mirage - 06-10-2012, 08:20 AM
RE: How can I keep from singing? [Vikram] - by Vikram - 06-10-2012, 11:13 PM