the Rift

[OPEN] some things just don't mix

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
<style type="text/css">
.titles { width: 320px; line-height: 56%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 70px; text-align: center; color: #FE7597; text-transform: lowercase; border-bottom: 1px dotted #83E1CD; padding-bottom: 14px; position: relative; z-index: 2; margin-bottom: 10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; padding-top: 6px; }
#faclaim { width: 320px; height: 320px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin-top: 10px; }
.fcl { float: left; }
.fcl label { display: block; width: 160px; height: 160px; position: relative; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; }
.fcl input[type=checkbox] { display: none; }
.fcb { position: absolute; width: 148px; height: 154px; left: 0; top: 0px; background-color: #fff; z-index: -1; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transform: scale(0); -moz-transform: scale(0); -o-transform: scale(0); overflow: auto; text-align: center; font-family: arial; font-size: 10px; line-height: 114%; padding: 6px 2px 0px 0px; } .fcb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 4px; }
.fcb label { position: absolute; top: -1px; left: 1px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 4px; height: 4px; color: #000; text-align: center; background: transparent; z-index: 8; }
.fcl input[type=checkbox]:checked ~ label ~ .fcb { z-index: 5; opacity: 1; height: 154px; width: 158px; background-color: #fff; -webkit-transform: scale(1); -moz-transform: scale(1); -o-transform: scale(1); }
.bluie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #83E1CD; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #C8FADB; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
.pinkie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #ffffff; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
</style>
Rhoa

I don't know if I've ever been here before ... If I have, its certainly been a while. To be honest, I sort of have avoided this place. It's where...
well, you know. It's where those types of things happen, and frankly I have no place being here. Those types of things (the looks, smiles, gestures) don't happen to me. Or, maybe it's that I don't happen to them. I can't really say. All I know is that I feel wildly out of place.

Still, I walk with a relatively unburdened gate through the willows which are quickly losing their leaves. Snow lines their boughs and filters through to the ground. I don't mind it that much - the snow that is - the chill helps to bite through some of the more depressing thoughts that I've experienced as of late. I don't mean to take pity on myself, I really don't. It just seems to ... to loom, if that makes any sense. Like a cloud, or a weight. It's always there, always reminding me of the absences in my life - of Mother who seems to have vanished again, of Ivezho who is too busy for me - and of my newest siblings, Aelin and Hawke, who have each other. Who in the world looks for me, notices my absence?

No-one.

The cold helps to keep those thoughts away - because as the chill burns into my bones, all I can think of is myself and keeping warm. It is that preservation that keeps me going.

Lost in my thoughts, I stumble upon Ranjiri as if by accident. Had I been paying any sort of attention her scent and her appearance would have struck me much sooner than they did. Her dark body - in such contrast to the pale white the world had become - shocked me out of my haze of thoughts. I pulled myself up, my embered-wings falling slightly from my sides - as I gently coughed to indicate my arrival.

"Hello Ranjiri - Father told me of your promotion. Congratulations." I try to keep my voice light and airy - the diplomatic lilt of a Prince. I know I should probably say something about the death of her Father but ... who can find the words? What words are there even? Perhaps, like me, she is here to let the winter winds brush away such thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-04-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-06-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-08-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-08-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-08-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-08-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-09-2015, 10:05 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-14-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-14-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-18-2015, 09:39 AM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-21-2015, 05:45 PM