the Rift

Was this the right choice?

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"The inside of your mind must be a terrible place..

[ooc] I'm sooo sorry this took so long! My work had me pulling doubles all week; thank goodness I'm going back to my normal schedule, though, so replies will come MUCH quicker, I promise! Also, please tag me in responses! [/ooc]

The trees, quiet and burdened with the ever-growing snow that piled upon their branches, provided enough basic shelter to soothe Cosette's frustration with.. well, nature. In reality, the Gold expected few beings to actually inhabit this cold slush of land; she was quite wrong, it seemed. As suffocating as this forest could be, she heard the immediate bustle of hooves and breathing nearby, and gaze turned in the direction from which it resonated.

Erebos and some, um, unique little creature came pouncing about the forest, making a ruckus that might as well wake the dead. Piercing eyes stared at the duo once they skidded into the clearing, but the expression on her face was practically nonexistent. While not quite angry with the unnecessary noise and frolicking, it was obvious that she was quite indifferent to it, if not mildly irritated: gold-trimmed ears had taken to resting softly backwards on her head to indicate just that. Head craned over her back, and she deposited her tail so that it was resting atop her rump; out of the snow, and her mouth. "You act like I know what on earth 'Frostfall' is supposed to mean..." she started off, ears slowly relaxing enough feign interest in the young brute. "I'll assume it's your.. land's?.. fancy word for the colder days."

To be truthful, she knew she was somewhere. Where exactly, the Gold had no idea.. but it was unlike her to admit such a thing. Her eyes wandered down to the kitsune, who snaked its way around the stallion's lanky legs and sniffed at her feet from a small distance away. Nostrils flared, expelling a cloud of steaming, frosty breath as she lifted her foot up, and away, from the tiny creature. Inwardly, the Gold had to quell the desire to curl the corners of her lip in distaste. "... I'm Cosette," she said simply, still eying the creature at his feet. But at the offer to melt snow, her ears noticeably perked up and twitched in the stallion's direction; even her gaze met his. Her interest was quite intrigued, even if she did not show it. ".. and I'd much appreciate that."

Maybe he's not so bad after all... she pondered, but was quite abruptly jerked from her thoughts by a voice that, even from the first words, grated on her nerves. Sharp eyes scanned the surrounding trees, until they finally rested on the mare to whom the voice belonged. Seeing Enna's peculiar antlers reminded her of her own little prong-like horns, which lay nestled behind her ears and almost completely hidden... but their similarities did not mean Cosette would grant her empathy, especially after those obnoxiously caustic words. "I suggest you watch your tone," she warned, although her voice was nothing but calm and collected, head held high and gaze locked firmly with the mare's. Even though she knew so little about her, Cosette considered herself better than the bay, thus a fight would hardly be worth her time... but she'd be damned if someone treated her so impertinently, like one would scold a brash youngling.

Cosette was so lost in her bitterness surrounding Enna's first words, that she refused to verbally acknowledge her welcome to this land; but it did not elude her fully. Helovia, hm? Such an odd name.. Is everything in this place named so eccentrically? Her question was answered quite quickly, as Mesec made an appearance and introduced himself, as well as where he hailed from. Her honey eyes were drawn to the hybrid's peculiarities... not only did he sport both wings and a twisted horn atop his head, but he was a color she had not seen before: black and silver. Quite a compliment to the colors that graced her own skin, should she say so herself. His words were met with a tilt of her head; a.. polite... acknowledgement that he spoke. "I'm assuming you speak from experience when you say not all places within..." she paused, recalling the name. "... Helovia, are quite as cold. Especially when you hail from a place with such an odd name as 'Dragon's Throat,'..."

She didn't even get another singular moment to think of how particularly weird of a name that was for an inhabitable place, before Tembovu appeared. Gaze was inexplicably drawn to him... and then upwards. She had thought Mesec to be tall, but this beast was a tower; she was quite unsure whether this was a good thing, however. The Gold regarded him with an analyzing eye, but how he spoke of Enna's words made her scoff, and glance back at the mare. "I'd consider her words more rude than smart," she quipped, completely unafraid to say what everyone else was most likely thinking.

But the large, towering stallion continued his introduction, to which Cosette turned her attention back towards him. World's Edge, Dragon's Throat, Helovia... all such bizarre names in an even more bizarre place, she inwardly speculated. Her mental train of thought was brought back to Mesec and... well, the rude mare who never even introduced herself. Neither of them really said where they lived, unless she was so caught up in the large amount of people surrounding her so suddenly, that she missed it. Speaking of that, why were there so many people all of the sudden? Was she not completely alone just a second ago?

Tembovu actually answered her question right then and there for her. "Ah," she chuckled, "So that's what this place is. A grounds to recruit new people?" Explains why they flocked like flies to a dead carcass... Que mental grimace at that idiom. Scratch that. I certainly can't be related to a dead carcass.. bees to nectar sounds so much better.

"I guess you could say I need a place to reside." But she certainly wasn't going to 'settle.' Who says she needs anyone, anyway?

Erebos, Enna, Mesec, Tembovu
WC 975 // please tag me in all replies // code by inkbone

Messages In This Thread
Was this the right choice? - by Cosette - 06-16-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Was this even the right choice? - by Erebos - 06-16-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: Was this even the right choice? - by Enna - 06-16-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Was this even the right choice? - by Mesec - 06-16-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Was this even the right choice? - by Tembovu - 06-16-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Was this the right choice? - by Erebos - 06-22-2015, 06:21 AM
RE: Was this the right choice? - by Mesec - 06-23-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Was this the right choice? - by Tembovu - 06-25-2015, 06:32 AM
RE: Was this the right choice? - by Cosette - 06-28-2015, 07:18 PM