the Rift

Was this the right choice?

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
He grinned at the gaping mouth of the delicate (and yet unnamed) mare. Though he was generally used to the various reactions to his size- fearful, spiteful, defensive- he found surprise was his preferred reaction. Most likely because it was the most amusing and least harmful.

His grin grew larger at the pert response of Cosette, despite her scoff. He lowered his great head slightly in acknowledgement of her words, for indeed the exchange between the two young women lacked an air of civility. Though he said nothing as he waited for the blue and black unicorn to work his wonders.

He kept his deep chuckle trapped in his barrel as the two mares continued their cheeky dialogue. He had been a general, surrounded by men. And whenever he was around women- both in the past and here in Helovia- he was usually one on one with them. This experience was a refreshingly entertaining one. (Though, given the personalities of the two, he assumed that his mirth would by highly unwelcome at the given moment).

A low rumble of surprise escaped him as flames licked the snow. The noise was so deep, it was almost unheard, but it vibrated the bones. His thick columns of legs remained rooted to the ground- quite unlike the airborne reaction of the mare or the backward steps of Mesec. When it came to magic, he had been trained to let the wielder finish before interfering. Though the young age of Eerebos had his deep blue gaze warily watching the flames. “Quite the nifty trick, Erebos,” his deep voice rumbled in appreciation, “Especially for living in the chill of the Basin.”

When the yearling neglected to speak of the cold of the Basin, a reproving look on his broad face more than said that he thought the blue yearling should have mentioned it. He let Mesec finish his description of the Throat, again a smile crossing his strong features as the younger stallion so clearly wished to paint his home in a good light. Tembovu found his eagerness endearing.

“The World’s Edge lies to the west- quite literally the edge of as far was as you may go. It lies between the climates- not so frigid as the Basin nor as balmy as the Throat. It’s a forested plateau with sheer cliffs that drop to the sea. They’re quite beautiful,” he paused, “Though, I understand the allure of the warmth of the Throat,” he nodded towards Mesec, “And the pull of being with your own, horned kind in the Basin,” his gaze traveling over Cosette had just barely caught the horns hiding behind her ears.

“The Edge offers friends and purpose, for there’s rebuilding to be done in our ranks,” he wasn’t certain if work is what the black and gold mare sought- given her cheeky manner. But those were two things the mammoth had sought when he came to Helovia. His low booming of a voice finally fell quiet, and he shifted his massive weight on his thick legs.

ooc| I think “antelope man” is my favorite description of him I’ve ever heard -cries laughing-
Also, sorry for the day delay! I tried to get his up last night, but I feel asleep before I finished it. Too many surgeries yesterday xD
@[Cosette] @[Erebos] @[Enna] @[Mesec]
Image // Coding

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Was this the right choice? - by Cosette - 06-16-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Was this even the right choice? - by Erebos - 06-16-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: Was this even the right choice? - by Enna - 06-16-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Was this even the right choice? - by Mesec - 06-16-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Was this even the right choice? - by Tembovu - 06-16-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Was this the right choice? - by Erebos - 06-22-2015, 06:21 AM
RE: Was this the right choice? - by Mesec - 06-23-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Was this the right choice? - by Tembovu - 06-25-2015, 06:32 AM