the Rift

[OPEN] lost in translation [joining]

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

Cacti. He files the word away, listing it under bad plant. Shooting it another filthy look, he turns his attention back to Laedere. He knows nothing of the wild - he doesn't even know what a damned cacti is. How the hell will he survive? His heart thuds in his thick chest and he releases a small, worried whicker. His only hope is that she won't mind educating him, training him in how to horse. "It's very good at its job," he remarks, about the cacti being able to ward off predators. He certainly won't be trying to take a bite out of one again.

The mare explains that she isn't airborne, and he feels a stab of pity for her wounded wing. Of course, he can't fly, but to have been able to fly and now be grounded? It must be horrible. "Oh, I'm, um, sorry," he stutters, tail flipping against his haunches to deter the more persistent winter flies. But ye shan't worry. Ye may still garner entrance through thee God of Sun's graces. He gulps. What if the God of Sun sees his weakness and denies him entry? What if the God scorns him for his naiivety, his innocence, his stupidity? The thought of being so close to a home and then being kicked away...oh, it hurts. To be cast back to square one and have to go through all this again...he doesn't know if he could. Chances are, he'd flee right back out of Helovia once and for all.

But he tries to force that fear aside, refusing to allow himself to worry about something that may never happen. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...literally. No ranked members appear, though, and the gelding's expression grows ever more dejected. Is he not worthy? So they're not stood in silence, he looks to Laedere. "So how long have you lived here?" he asks, his head tilted like a curious puppy.

b a d g e r

@[Laedere] sorry for the wait! I was hoping somebody else would post to formerly accept him but figured I'd go ahead and post again ^^

Messages In This Thread
lost in translation [joining] - by Badger - 06-07-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: lost in translation [joining] - by Laedere - 06-08-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: lost in translation [joining] - by Badger - 06-18-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: lost in translation [joining] - by Gaucho - 06-18-2015, 12:29 PM