the Rift

[OPEN] one : purification or decimation?

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
What happens when you die? It was perhaps a question only Cirrus could answer, for she had once held a bond so magnificent, so powerful that only death could break it - and death had indeed broken it. But even before then, death had tempered it - the tragic departure of her father had only strengthened the bond that she and Sitka had shared, making it nigh unbreakable, except -

Death, what is death? The question echoed over and over within the cloudmare's mind, even as she helped this dying whale return to its ocean home. Is it just a departure, a movement from one destination onto the next? she wondered, as her weight leaned against the shaft of her spear, and she felt the sands shifted beneath her hard hooves, felt the whale strain with her. It wasn't a fast process, or smooth, but progress happened, painfully slowly.

Or is death truly, completely, the end? She didn't want to believe it, she wanted to believe that Sitka and her father had just gone somewhere else (-but then why couldn't she feel him, why couldn't she find him, Sitka--)

She sobbed even as she farewelled the orca, hearing the creature's final song as its body returned to the depths, knowing that once again, she was playing the part of the grim reaper; once again, she was responsible for another living thing to stop living. Cirrus stood knee-deep in the waves, her wings held aloft, her sights cast out to watch the orca swim her last swim, dance her last dance with the waves, and be carried away into the abyss, the unknown, death.

What is death, anyway?

The cloudmare didn't know how long she stood there, letting the waves pull and tug at her legs, farewelling the great black orca. A patch of skin remained in the trench left behind by the orca's body, which the cloudmare collects, before moving on to the next step, the next stage, of her irritatingly long and miserable life.

Is this what I am now? A Reaper, a decider of fate and death?

Is this what I have become?

@Essetia no need for more replies, just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH <333
Cirrus the WindDancer

sxc.hu
larfsalot on deviantart
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    one : purification or decimation? - by Cirrus - 06-07-2015, 10:02 PM
    RE: one : purification or decimation? - by NPC - 12-21-2015, 06:22 PM
    RE: one : purification or decimation? - by Cirrus - 12-22-2015, 12:01 AM
    RE: one : purification or decimation? - by NPC - 12-22-2015, 01:50 AM
    RE: one : purification or decimation? - by Cirrus - 12-22-2015, 11:06 PM
    RE: one : purification or decimation? - by NPC - 12-28-2015, 09:40 AM
    RE: one : purification or decimation? - by Cirrus - 12-28-2015, 10:46 PM