Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
C
I
R
R
U
S
It was metallic, it's smell something like copper, or the silver that tipped her spear. Bitter and salty, sharp and refined - it was blood, life's fuel, the substance all creatures needed to survive. The cloudmare was not uneducated in blood - how many times had she used the power of the Sun's magic to heal those who were bleeding, internally or otherwise? How many times had she cut into another's skin with the tip of her spear during a spar, or battle? How many times had she helped Sitka hunt down prey, and watch as he licked the blood from his own muzzle and paws?

Cirrus knew blood when she smelt it, but it still caused her lips to curl and her nostrils to crinkle with distaste. She was a horse, a prey animal primarily, though she knew how to defend herself, she also knew how to flee before a predator.

So she was surprised to find this predator at the water's edge, stained with blood and lying nearly paralysed before her. As she had done so many times before, she approached softly, though did little to hide the noise of her approach - the snow helped, but there was no use hiding her presence to one who surely knew death was near anyway. I was old habit for the cloudmare to want to call upon the healing powers she once held as a Physician of the Throat, but those times were long, long past, and when she looked internally for the magic that was not there, all she found was a deep dark abyss filled with wind and wild weather.

"I'm sorry," she murmured as she approached, her head low and her tones gentle, but factual. "You're dying," she added, tears blurring her vision for a moment as she sniffed a sob down.

And I have to end your suffering, because I am not yet strong enough to fix you, the thought danced through her cranium, savagely biting at her deficiencies. She tried to be gentle as she nudged the vixen closer to the water's edge, but it the fox probably felt pain from her careful motions anyway, given her condition. "I'm sorry," she kept saying, wishing it didn't have to be so - but Cirrus had danced this dance far too often lately, she knew the steps she must take. That didn't mean she had to like them.

For @[Ki'irha] to NPC in C:
Thank you!
Choice is completely up to you to have the fox sentient or not - I don't mind either way :)
Image Credit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    six : return to the beginning - by Cirrus - 06-08-2015, 12:36 AM
    RE: six : return to the beginning - by NPC - 06-08-2015, 05:49 PM
    RE: six : return to the beginning - by Cirrus - 06-09-2015, 05:41 AM
    RE: six : return to the beginning - by Cirrus - 06-10-2015, 06:51 AM
    RE: six : return to the beginning - by NPC - 06-09-2015, 11:48 AM
    RE: six : return to the beginning - by NPC - 06-10-2015, 04:55 PM
    RE: six : return to the beginning - by Official - 12-20-2015, 10:22 PM