the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR]

Ned Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Table by Alex

A jolt was sent through his body as his hooves connected with flesh and muscle. His hit, though it jolted his small body, did not have the power behind it that he had hoped it would. He did not give up the hope that despite the lack of power, it would leave the mare's shoulder bruised and aching and would hinder her movement. Once she was effectively slowed down it would be easy to end her and leave her nothing more than a bleeding, broken corpse on the battle ground. Just another casualty of war that only few would mourn in the end. Such was the inevitability of being a soldier.

As he turned on the mare he realized his mistake and steeled himself for the kick he saw coming. It was too late to dodge it so he turned more into the kick and threw his body forward so her hooves would hit lower on his body, and they did hit with a solid thunk against his chest. His breath caught in his throat as his muscles seized and spasmed under the force of her kick.

PSYCHE wasted no time in getting away from him. The moment her hooves were on the ground again he could hear her thundering away. Despite the ache in his chest and he weariness that was beginning to set in the stallion forced himself into moving. His right shoulder, an injury he had sustained from a previous battle, plagued him now as did his chest. His muscles were beginning to feel tight, but he steeled his mind against the pain and discomfort he was beginning to feel. That mattered little now. The only thing that mattered was catching PSYCHE and incapacitating her.

And so Ned lurched forward, slowly at first but the more he moved the more his tightening muscles began to feel a bit more loose. As he neared Psyche his head lowered, his bladed horn pointed right at the back of her left thigh where he hoped to sink his blade through flesh and into the muscle where he could slice tendons and leave her leg essentially useless. He was prepared for her to kick at him and if she should a simple dodge to the left would leave him out of range of her deadly hooves.

[Word Count: 385

Turned more in to Psyche's kick and threw his body forward so her hooves would hit his chest rather than his throat. Was left stunned and momentarily breathless at the force of her kick. As she ran he began to feel the weariness of the battle and his tightening muscles setting in. This spurred him into motion, which was slow at first, but he gained momentum as he moved. Aims to stab Psyche in the back of her left thigh and hopes to leave her leg useless. Should she kick at him he is prepared to dodge to the left, away from her hooves.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lucius - 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Jaydan - 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Aurelius - 09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lloyd - 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Monster - 09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Ned - 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Korra - 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Giselle - 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Cineviam - 09-29-2012, 08:18 PM