the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR]

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ultimate horror often paralyses
memory in a merciful way
- H.P. Lovecraft

I realized the danger I was in as soon as PALADIN slipped out of the horn-lock I had tried to force. Cursing his speed, I found myself flailing my hooves in thin air and my belly dangerously exposed as my brother ducked in beneath the legs, spear aiming to puncture the skin and spill my guts into the dust. Ears disappeared into the whipping crimson of the mane as I danced backward and around, still balancing precariously on my powerful hinds. It was straining, the muscles protested and pained even as the searing heat within my blood began to wear off. It took great effort to move, and the loss of crispness of movement cost me precious seconds.

I felt the tip of his horn scrape against the thin hide on the underside of my belly and for a moment I went cold. Had he cut deep? Would this be the end of me, the final battle of Giselle the Bloody? I grinned madly and took the opportunity to slam my hooves into the exposed back of the stallion as the momentum should carry him past me, exposing the side and back to my mercy. And mercy was something I was short on right now.

Still waiting for the sensation of slippery guts spilling from the hot chamber of my bowel, I hissed as PALADIN swirled around and exposed his back at me. His attention was clearly divided, and that would cost him dearly. I turned to face his fleeing back and allowed my fronts to touch down into the ground, then bounced right up again as his back hooves lashed out in my direction. I felt air being pressed out of my lungs as he hit me square in the chest, the impact somewhat lessened due to my momentum upwards but none the less painful. Rather than to back off though, I embraced the pain and made use of the slight window of opportunity I had been offered, aiming my horn and pummeling down to bury it deep into the buttock of my idiotic brother who seemingly couldn't concentrate on our fight.

Then suddenly it felt as if all the winds in the world had decided to land upon my back. My weary muscles couldn't take the pressure but caved in, the front knees pressing down until they found support against the ground. I struggled to breathe, and with pallid eyes forced myself to look around to find the assailant. This was magic, had to be, and thus there must be a caster somewhere... I registered the sound of wind over feathers and a shadow growing larger and larger, blocking out the light of the setting sun.

Filthy pegasus, birdbrained unclean. I'd throw myself on Paladins horn rather than allow the dirty hooves of a tainted land upon my noble skin. Lips parted and bared the ivories in a growl as I forced my aching body to move. Ignoring the pain and the sweat that darkened the hide I threw myself to the right, grunting as the ground made contact with my side and hooves pounded hard into my left thigh. I rolled around and struggled up onto my feet, gasping for air as winds kept forcing me downward. No way. It was enough that I had been forced to my knees, I would not cave in further.

Once more the magic swirled through me, and once again my horn, eyes, and markings pulsated into a clear blue tone - the only warning anyone would get, provided that they knew what was coming.
I found KRI and focused on her body, not the blood this time but the muscles and all the heat they generated by moving. Then I turned it around, lowering the temperature of her body rapidly. An approximate of 37 degrees turned to minus 37 in a matter of seconds, and with a grin I reached out my neck and struck like a viper, hoping to rip a feather out of her winged appendage - and perhaps do more damage as well. The color of her wings was rather dull, but should be a good addition to my collection none the less.

[Word Count: 694 Magic Use: 2/2
Moved back and turned to the side; Paladins horn scraped along the underside of the belly, drawing blood but not cutting deep enough to disembowel her. Giselle attempted to kick him on the back with her front hooves.
She reared and took the kick in the front of her chest, then aimed her horn at his butt, hoping to spear the muscle.
Was forced to her knees by Kri's magic. Threw herself to the side and took the attack of the hooves on the left thigh. Rolled over to the other side and came up on her feet, using Freezing magic on Kri's muscles. Tried to rip a feather from Kri's wing. ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lucius - 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Jaydan - 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Aurelius - 09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lloyd - 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Monster - 09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Ned - 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Korra - 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Giselle - 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Cineviam - 09-29-2012, 08:18 PM