the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
 KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

My hooves collide with the rump of the unicorn as she squirms out of my way, crushed under the weight of the air. I use that momentum, the force from the impact, to bounce myself back up, wings clutching at the air to maintain my altitude. Extending them as I ricochet upward, it is then that I begin to feel it. First it starts off as a minor chill insinuating itself in my blood stream, but that slight warning is nothing compared to the completely unexpected cliff the magic takes next.

Like ice pouring into my blood through a sieve, I am almost immediately crippled by the chill. My wings lock, thankfully, in an expanded position. My heartbeat slows dangerously, making my breathing come in short gasps of air, which is as frightening as it is painful. My brain slows too, preserving my state of panic. However, this bitch would not be getting her trophy prize from me. While she may be the biggest harpy in her family, my own set of determination and fiery passion would likely beat hers tenfold. If she really thought that she could so easily destroy my sense of will, that girl was not only arrogant but an idiot. I call upon the wind, which had kept me from falling from the skies since the day in Isilme I battled with the griffons.

It rushes up toward my frozen limbs, pushing my figure upward and away from GISELLE'S greedy teeth. Instead of allowing her to pull a feather from my wing, I push my resolve into my limbs, commanding my legs to move, cold muscle complaining with a pulse of sharp pain, as I tear them into movement. I kick out with my back legs toward GISELLE's face, her open mouth. Let my hooves kick her teeth out in exchange for the freezing of my blood. It would suit her well, I think, to have a broken jaw. Yet, with the speed of my hooves greatly diminished by the power of her magic, it would likely not have much force.

I tug at the strings of the wind pushing my upward, moving my body farther away from the girl who snaps at my. Harder, I pull and push with what little power my mind has left in this crushing icy grip. Faster, I command the wind, until I am far enough away that my limbs begin to move with more ease, soaring past Ricochet's head and barely above the crowd as I sail forth, feeling pain in each fiber of my body as the chill wears off, my heart beginning to pump more easily. I think myself out of luck to help my comrades more, as exhaustion begins to take hold in my complaintive limbs. My grip upon the wind begins to fade, and the weariness of my body begins to sink in.

For a single, terrifying moment, my vision goes completely black as the weight of my magic comes crushing through my thick skull onto my mind. My wings droop, and I swerve unknowingly toward the right before righting myself. I blink my eyes rapidly, feeling panic set in my mind again, and when the fog clears around my tired brain I find myself falling terrifyingly toward the body of a unicorn - ALAN. I pull back on my tired wings, but this is not a fast enough reaction to keep the bulk of my weight from sliding toward her side, and in a last ditch attempt to make this movement meaningful, I extend my limbs, stretch out with my neck and snap half-heartedly at her poll. Perhaps I would clip and ear, but the motion was more to deter her from slashing at me with her horn that to cause injury.

The weight of my body, should it crush into hers, would do enough damage.

[ WC: 643; Magic Uses: 2/2;
Uses wind magic to escape Giselle's bite, and forces a kick out of her stiffened limbs toward her mouth. She goes sailing forward before being hit by a wave of exhaustion. Careens out of control and ends up sliding forward toward Alan, where she bites out at her poll to keep her from using her horn. ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lucius - 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Jaydan - 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Aurelius - 09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lloyd - 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Monster - 09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Ned - 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Korra - 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Giselle - 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Kri - 09-29-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Cineviam - 09-29-2012, 08:18 PM