the Rift

[DROP] [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

There was just something wonderful about Frostfall, you know? Like, everyone else is pretty miserable - food is scarce, tempers run high, there’s a decent chance that foals will freeze to death, you can get your tongue stuck to icicles if you’re not careful. I mean pretty nasty stuff. But it’s great, I swear. You know why? Cause there’s no flies. Flies are the WORST they get everywhere and they start sucking on your skin and then they regurgitate what they just ate and then eat it again?! What the hell. Why. WHY. So when it gets warm out my delicious skin is usually covered in a coating of flies that are pooping and barfing and eating all over me and yeah. It’s gross.

So I like Frostfall. Frostfall is good. The frost is falling and the flies are dead, waiting in their secret little fly homes to hatch in the warmer months and come find me. They always do.

I’m really hoping that the Basin is a little too far North for all of them so you know, peppermint hooves crossed.

It’s a pretty average day so, obviously, it’s absolutely fantastic and it gets even better because I find company. Not just ONE spot of company but a whole THREE spots of company and that’s pretty great. They’re all looking at something and it takes me a minute to figure it out because that’s the amount of time it takes me to make my way over to the edge of the pond. There’s this little pearl of an egg perched precariously on the water and I’m starting to feel real nervous. What is an egg doing out there? And WHAT are these guys doing to help?

Well, one of them has attempted to re-invent the game of golf and he’s making me pretty damn nervous because how are the leaves sticking to the rock? What if they fall off as it rolls and it smashes right into the egg? Another seems intent on drowning himself which probably won’t be the most fun way to die. You know what is th emost fun way to die? Being fed luxurious foods by a pretty mare and her husband until you burst from all the different ways you can feel satisfied. That’s how I want to go.

But there’s a chance that he won’t die and that he’ll save the egg so I decide not to interrupt him. Maybe this pegasus fellow swimming in the ice has it all figured out. Maybe.

So there’s the third guy with a stick and he seems to have the right idea until I notice that there were like, sparks coming off of his mane and tail. I’m trained in the special art of noticing fire so you know, all the alarms start going off. “Maybe the guy that’s sparking fire shouldn’t get to close to the ice?” I offer, hoping that I’m being helpful. “I mean it works for you but we don’t want little Eggbert falling right in because you got too close.” Yeah I named the egg. It’s gotta have a name. If I’m wrong maybe they’ll correct me.

Don’t ask me man, I only work here.

I turn my lavishly green eyes from the egg and back to this youngish fellow with the stick and the embers flying all out. “May I?” I want to help the egg, I don’t even know what the egg is but I think it’s pretty awesome that all these guys are out here trying to save it. So I offer to take the stick from him so I can get a little closer without endangering the integrity of the ice.

Johnny seeks a plain griffin! wishlist

I'd like to use 2 of my extra VOTG rolls for this please

johnny
can you pass the sugar?
image credits
table by Reli <3

Messages In This Thread
[SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Random Event - 06-12-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Cathun - 06-12-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Gull - 06-12-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Cerin - 06-12-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Johnny - 06-12-2015, 10:22 PM