the Rift

[DROP] [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
I had followed Aelin here.

I haven't spent much time with my baby sister, but I still feel an overwhelming desire to protect her. That, and I never want my younger siblings to feel the same isolation that I did growing up. I had no-one, and even though Aelin has Hawke (who has been by her side in a way that Ivezho never did...), I still want her to know that she is loved, that she has another brother who cares for her just as strongly.

So, on frosty breezes I flew following her. The cold made flying much more strenuous - there were no warm thermals to catch and glide upon. Each wing beat had to come faster than the last to stay in the air, but they all caused my muscles to burn. The feelings of ice on the outside and fire on the inside made my joints scream and ache, but I persevered. In the back of my mind I could hear Father's voice, telling me that an enemy would not wait until the air was easy to fly in. They would attack in the chilly dim light so that our wings wouldn't help us. So, through grit teeth I ducked down and continued following the small girl.

She disappeared into the Rotunda, and for a moment I was horrified that I might see the bird-lady who had tormented me so often with glimpses of companionship. It was all I had ever wanted, and yet so often I had failed. So often my efforts went holy unnoticed. Although I doubted today would be different, I comforted myself by saying that I was here for Aelin, not the egg.

But why not both?

I watch her flap her wings trying to aid the group which had already formed. Different approaches were taken to free the egg from its icy plateau, and instantly I felt the fool. Although my wings appeared to be on fire, they of course were not. They merely burned softly but without heat. If Father was here, surely he could free the creature without any effort at all.

"Maybe this will help-" I mumbled softly to Aelin, coming to stand by her side. Reaching around I plucked a mouthful of feathers from my wing. It hurt, and pain reverberated through my appendage with a bright stinging feeling, but I ignored it. I placed the nest of feathers on the ground, hoping to cushion the fall should someone else not snag the egg in the meantime.

Rhoa has three prior refusals: 1, 2, 3

He also gets an extra entry for herd champs! (as do the other DTers!)

Wishlist; Rhoa wants a Zephyr.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
[SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Random Event - 06-12-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Cathun - 06-12-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Gull - 06-12-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Cerin - 06-12-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Johnny - 06-12-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Ilios - 06-13-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Aelin - 06-13-2015, 06:51 AM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Rhoa - 06-14-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: [SS Drop] Freshwater Pearls - by Själ - 06-15-2015, 12:13 AM